"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Good Stuff

Raising kids is a tough job, and I honestly can't imagine my life without them.  Through all the wrestling matches, hugs, tackles, tattle-tales, owies, discipline, laughter, and tears I find myself so thankful that I have been chosen to be there mom.  Although  I feel like I am always playing catch up between home and work, and trying to fit everything in, and often times left very overwhelmed...I know I need to reflect more on the good stuff happening instead of getting caught up in how hard some days are.  These kids are hilarious! 

We had a good time making Valentine's Day cards for Crew and Brody's classes, of course that meant they had to sit still, take their time, and finish ALL the cards before they got to have a sucker too.  What a hard job that was.   Brody just had the task of putting stickers on his cards, I wrote his name for him, and then taking the card and sucker and putting them in a baggie.  After about 3, he was done.  Ha, but he did finish and we had to fight through a couple sour attacks before we did!  Crew wrote his name on all his for both Gingerbread and Kindergarten.  He even wrote all 22 of his classmates names on theirs.  Oh the stories I heard, I was just rolling laughing.  As soon as we would get to a new name he always had something new to say... He was then very thankful that we had given him a 4 letter name, until he figured out that everyone in our family has 5 letters in there name except for him... Then that wasn't fair!  He then had this brilliant idea that the girls in his class didn't need suckers, just the boys... Oh Cruiser!
We had some special delivery's on Valentine's Day
Brody had hat day at preschool-- going all out with his racing car hat!  This kid literally finishes all my sentences...  Pick him up from Kristin's and I say "So Brody..." and he says "how was your day?" He tells me about it too, which is so cool and always reminds me of what show n tell day is next at school.  He is super excited for Sports Day.  He can even figure out to work the Wii when it is supposedly broken and Crew can't get it turned on.  He jumps onto the top of the TV stand (don't try this at home) and pushes a few buttons on the TV, and turns the Wii on and it works.  Mr Techy!  Nevermind all the videos he can search for and find on his own on the iPad.
Crew thinks he knows all about working out and being "healthy" is what he calls it.  He likes to haul out this gear and do some exercises.   He is always asking me if something is healthy or not, he seems to think all snacks are healthy, hmm we will keep working on that!
 
Being a good helper at mom's school so I could get some work done... John Clark's desk and checking out his glasses :)
A little scary Kys!  That Valentine's Day Cookie has a lot of die in the frosting!  Maybe it's all that time he loves to spending watching Crew and Brody play Batman on Wii that made him want to look like the Joker? It is so cool as a mom to see how much he truly loves his brothers.  All this kid needs is Bo'Bo's and Crew to be around.   Every morning one of them goes up stairs and lets him out of his room-- since he is officially climbing out of his crib, he does wait for his brothers to come up and get him though before he gets out...

Love these guys to INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!

3 comments:

Joelle said...

Such sweeties! Thanks for the impromptu visit the other night...and for feeding me! Can't wait until we can start spending our time in the ally until sun-down instead of kids fighting over cleaning up the playroom. Ah...soon.

michele said...

Cute kids!!! Life is so busy and fun isn't it? What a fun post!

Aunt deuce said...

Couldn't help but haves huge smile on my face the whole time I read this. Love those boys :)