"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Friday, April 27, 2012

Membership and Baptism

I have been gone awhile from the blogging world, seems to be like the spring is getting busier and trying to keep up with the boys and working is about what my days include!  I am wiped!  But that doesn't mean there isn't a lot to share and some fun memories being shared.  I seem to just shake my head A LOT these days! 

"FAMILY PICTURE GOES HERE!!!" soooo mad I didn't take one!

A few weeks back our family shared a very special milestone together.  This past fall we decided to go back and try my old church that I grew up in, First Reformed, this was a very hard decision because Chris and I had established ourselves at Faith Community.  Pastor Tim married us and we had all 3 of our boys at that church.  We however just felt it was time for something different, and honestly I couldn't tell you what was lacking at Faith, nothing, it is an amazing place to worship, but again we just had a feeling.  So we tried out First Reformed a couple Sunday's, and we just immediately felt like it was the right fit for our family at this point in our life.  My family goes there, as well as many other cousins and friends we have.  Their children's program is so great, and our boys had no problem jumping right in and were welcomed with open arms.  We right away just felt a huge connection and Pastor Ryan and everyone involved made us feel very welcomed. 

So the next thing we knew we had decided to join the church, and we also wanted to have the boys baptized.  At Faith we had them dedicated, and even though you aren't "saving" your children by baptizing them, we just felt it was something we wanted to have happen.  We talked to the boys a lot about what it meant, and they were so excited to do this!  Chris also made the decision to get baptized as well, so it was a very special day for the whole family.  We actually put on quite the show in front of Church, believe it or not, we had multiple periods of chuckles from the congregation.... Or maybe we should just call this the "Kyler Show" he has never officially been in the Church pews, he is straight in the nursery, and we always just hope and pray that his number doesn't get called.  So having him in the pews with us, he was bouncing off the walls even before we got called up there, I crammed his hands full of fruit snacks to distract him and he had his binky too.  Bad idea. 

When we got called to the front he ended up throwing the binky 3 or 4 times BEHIND us and actually the elder picked it up...Oh goodness!  Then he saw pastor Ryan poor the water into the bowl, and was yelling and reaching for the water.  I was starting to sweat to say the least!  While Crew and Brody were getting baptized (they did so well, and got so much out of it) I did everything in my power to keep Kyler still in my arms and keep him from crying.  Finally it was HIS turn, it was like God totally took over at this point and Kyler went completely calm! Crew and Brody did excellent really, Brody only lost it one time, after Kyler had to get switched over to Chris' arms because he was being crazy, and he accidentally kicked Brody in the head during the transfer, oh man Brody turned around so quick and just kind of hit Kyler's leg back and mumbled something...Oh dear, I was sweating very heavily by this time.  We made it through though, and at least everyone in the church could see the Price family for what we are!  Just a little bit wild and crazy... 

We celebrated afterwards at the Nuthouse with the grandparents.  Good day!!!

No comments: