"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Surgery Day

Brody's surgery for his clogged tear ducts went great today! We got to Seattle at 6:30 am and he went back for surgery at 7:30. The procedure only lasted about 10 minutes and then they came and got us. In the waiting room I could hear his first cry and I knew everything was okay. What a relief! Even though this is a quick procedure anytime you put a baby/child under there are risks and of course Chris and I were very anxious and nervous.
Right now he is still having bloody tears and some blood come from his nose a little bit. They say that within the week it should be all cleared up and we should know if the surgery actually worked. It has a 90% success rate. The doctor was very glad we had the procedure I guess his right eye was completely clogged and his left eye was very tight. So we just hope it works!!
Thank you to everyone who kept us in your prayers, Brody is very lucky to have some many people that love him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the texts Julie to let me know Brody's surgery went well. I've been thinking about you guys all week. Hope you & Chris have a wonderful Valentines Day. I will be seeing you next weekend in Seattle woo hoo!