"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, August 4, 2010

9 Months

Well it only took me 9.5 months to hang up his name in his room, and I am a little behind on this "9 month" post. To say things are a little hectic with our little "monster", "squawker", "KyKy" or "Kys" is an understatement. His personality has always been very noticeable, and it just continues to blossom!

Some might refer to him as just higher maintenance...He is so full of energy, constant smiles, the fly trap (wide wide open mouth) is always open, and the noise just continues to flow throughout the day. When he wants something, he wants it now, and is very rarely satisfied when in his high chair eating, either he is not getting food fast enough, the food he is being fed is not easy enough for him to eat, or he just would rather have a bottle because he downs those in less than 3 minutes.
He is up still 1-2 times a night to eat, we so hoping that this stops soon??! :) He is so attached to me that if I am out of sight he tends to freak out. We have been through a lot together, and I don't mind spending an extra bit with him in the rocker before bed at night. Which is about the only time he will lay still, the only thing he does is grab at my face, which for him is being still... But I know it is his way of telling me that he loves me too.

We have started calling him bam bam recently because a lot of times when you walk around and carry him he just hits your shoulder over and over. Very aggressive child, good thing he is a boy! He will not do the church nursery, and I finally got brave and tried bringing him to the gym daycare, and I got called out of my workout class. The ladies that work up there, looked exhausted by the time I got up there and said "We can not figure out how you do it!". Yep I know, I hear it all the time, bringing out my 3 kids in public is real entertainment for people, and I get a lot of comments, ha ha.

Besides being another vocal and high energy child, Kys is very close to wanting to walk...Not in any hurry for him to do this, so I don't work with him at all, he is so fast at crawling, that is okay with me for now.

At his 9 month appt, he dropped in percentages a tad, weighing in at 20 lbs, and was 28 1/2 inches. Being so active, I don't think it is possible for him to be a chubby baby.
He creates a lot of love around this house. Nothing brings me greater joy than watching him and his brothers be so into each other and love each other so much. He is starting to jabber more, and is saying "ba ba" when he actually wants a bottle, so that is very helpful.

I love my Kys, I pray that God has amazing plans for him, and all of these "strengths" will be used in a positive light. He is going to be a go getter! He is such a loving child, and I thank God for him everyday.

1 comment:

Pemberton Family said...

You and your "Pem" remarks. It makes me laugh because I hear it ALL the time at Wa-Hi but it sounds funny coming from you:). You are not making a very good case for me to have another one if you can't find anyone to watch all 3 of them! What about when Chris is off work? I do not enjoy the beginning of the school year, getting ready is so much work and then having to schedule a time to go in because of the boys is such a pain so I understand your frustration! Hope you are having a nice Wednesday. I miss you Hulie!