Soaking up these last days where we make our own schedule. Back to work I go with a new schedule, new routine, and lots of people in the mix making this all possible. After having the last year off from teaching, I am hesitant to say that I can’t wait to go back, but I am also not dreading it. Being a teacher I feel is such a great job with having a family. Although nothing can replace the special time being home with young kids, I do however feel that having a balance for me is going to be really beneficial for everyone. I have spent some hours in my classroom getting things reorganized and back into place, and I am starting to get excited for all of the 96 students that will be making their way through my door next week. Also seeing some of the awesome staff I work with, it brings back why I do honestly enjoy my job. My contract will still be a .5, but instead working part time all year, I am going to work full time just first semester. And then that leaves me available to sub if I want. So it will be quite the adjustment in this house. Chris and I will only have 4 days off at the same time each month…
The journey this past year with Kyler alone is book worthy and it is time that he adjusts to someone other than mom. Crew will be back in preschool at LC three mornings a week, something that we all have been anxiously awaiting! With Chris on shift schedule he will be able to help out with the kids two days a week (which I am so excited about) Mr. Mom, shoe will be on the other foot! My mom will be able to help on some Wednesdays, and I have two fantastic college girls coming in each on a day or two each week. I have my very helpful school TA’s helping with transporting Crew to preschool when needed, and my grandma also picking Crew up from school. I guess it takes a village to get the job done! The nice thing is that I will actually not have to take them anywhere when I leave at 7 am, although daycare has been a great place in the past, it is not that convenient with three young kids, on an alternating schedule, or cost efficient.
Being home is no break; a stay-at-home mom with 3 boys 4 and under is by far the hardest thing I have done yet. But being here for my boys has been so great, and even though I will be back to work, I guarantee to get in just as many hugs and kisses. It is going to be an adjustment for sure, but as a family we will get it done!
I'm back!
1 month ago




3 comments:
...and you will make it work, you always do! I am glad you are looking forward to going back and not dreading it. I didn't think about you and Chris only having 4 days off a month together UGH!! It's Friday tomorrow, I am ready for it (really, really tired) I have falling asleep at 8:30 these past couple nights and Dave hates it. Miss you!
I will be praying that the adjustments go smoothly next week. You did great with the 3 boys this past year. Lots of work!
So excited for you to go back to work. You and Chris are a team and will find a way to juggle everything, you always do!
Post a Comment