"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, December 15, 2010

These are the Days!

We had been planning this weekend for awhile...finally time for mom and dad to get some time away and or without the kids to just relax with friends.  Our parents graciously split up the rug rats and took them Friday night-until Saturday late.  I think we were originally hoping that this would be a break, but I guess the more you try to pack in, the crazier an already busy life can get!

Chris had his annual Saint Martin's baseball buddies up for a long weekend of hunting, cards, and having fun.  Josh, Cody, Nate, and him have the best time together, and I never object to their visits because I like these guys just as much as Chris does.  Great guys, and they never turn down any food or goodies I make! Worm (Nate) even had a big surprise this year, and when I looked on my fridge he had put a Christmas card up there that was a picture of him and his "wife"...Nate and Ginger Pratt...hmm!  Just in his own way doing things, but none the less CONGRATS !
I missed a lot of their visit, and they had fun having all the parents and family over too on Saturday night. 

Since Kyler has been born this mama has yet to have a night away with friends...When we heard that UW was hosting volleyball regionals, we got tickets back in October.  These girls are so great, I have played on volleyball teams with them in the past, coached with or against them, and have done some small groups with some of them as well.  We left Friday afternoon, checked in to our hotel, enjoyed some dinner at the  Ram and watched the first two matches of the tournament... It was so weird to only have responsibility for myself, it was so needed!  Saturday we slept in....aww!....drank coffee and shopped the rest of the day...Sure beats the normal online shopping I do!
What a game!  The Huskies shocked us all not being ranked, and beating #2 Nebraska.  The best volleyball game I have seen in long time. 
Chris and I even got on TV since we were sitting right behind the servers, and notice our cute tattoos, um yeah... Someone had this great idea, that if they won on Friday (which was not expected) we would all get UW tattoos to wear to the next game in support on the Huskies being in the Elite 8!  They ended up losing to CAL, but awesome volleyball!

Of course after being gone most of the weekend, having a Christmas party the next day, and trying to get things organized, we were completely wiped out.  Man these are the days!  It is hard to fit anything extra into our life right now without paying for the consequences... I had to miss my 3rd day this month of school because I now have bronchitis, and with no sleep or rest, it is getting worse.  Kyler still is not completely himself and after taking him into the doctor last night and finding out his throat is still covered in viral sores (which has been around for a month and half) and is not eating much besides bottles...I wonder why... I can only seem to ask myself...Are things ever going to SLOW down, smooth sailing is not a way of life in our house. To top of my day with work, my own doctor's appointment, and Ky's, we go out to the truck to leave Peace health and Chris' truck has a flat tire!  So Ky's and I ever so patiently waited for Chris to drive into Bellingham to rescue us...

Could God make it any more obvious that we just need to slow our lives down a bit?  Easier said than done, but we are trying to clear our schedules and just try to get healthy, be home, and simplify... 

Our world is truly crazy with our boys right now, I know I tend to use that word a lot, but I had no idea that things were going to be this wild, 4, 2, 1 year old ACTIVE BOYS, and two full time working parents...Praise God for Christmas break coming, and starting in February I will be done with full time teaching!
Such a joy
Hey mommy!

This song seemed to be fitting today!

2 comments:

The Jernigan Family said...

Geesh, seems like yesterday we were sitting along the fence watching those guys play ball...look at us all grown up now. Can't believe Worm is married. He was always so great, what a funny way of announcing his marriage, but tell him I am happy for him. Glad Kyler is feeling better and you got to enjoy some adult time. We have been battling colds here, so hopefully we will be over it by Christmas. We got your XMAS card and it is so cute!!

The Van Prices said...

We missed you that night but had so much fun!! If I wasn't worried about getting Kade home and in bed I would have taken you up for your welcoming home juice ;) haha Glad you got out and had a good time! It is needed every once and a while!