"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Sunday, February 6, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect...I Wish!

I LOVE to take pictures, there is no question that is it something I enjoy doing.  I know there is no way that I am ever going to remember all of these silly, fun, and special details of my family as life continues to fly by...  Pictures are my keepsakes, even if I am that annoying mom or friend that always seems to be in your face with a camera, if it did not get caught on camera, it didn't happen because I know my mommy brain gets worse everyday with remembering things.

Especially with digital now, you can never take too many pictures right?  I have been great about keeping up my blog for the most part, but all of my picture files are everywhere and that is my next goal is to get organized and backed up on an external hard drive...So that is why I am trying to get better at the pictures I do take.

Which leads me into this fantastic photography class I took from Roxsey Photography.  Now I don't have an SLR camera, but I do have a Cannon Powershot SX20IS, and my whole goal was just to learn more about it and be able to take it off AUTO and learn about how to get natural light into my pictures.  Goal attained.   It did however make me very interested in someday getting an SLR camera with interchangeable lenses because no matter how good I get with my camera, I am never going to get those professional shots without that caliber of camera and most importantly, lenses...  But what a fun day!  I love learning new things!
ENJOY
Not professional by any means, but a little education never hurts anyone!  Now only if my boys would hold still for this long so I could mess with all of my camera functions and how it interferes with the current lighting!

Roxsey Photography (Brooke Gatterman) is holding another class May 1st... check it out  Photography Workshop

No comments: