Some of these girls I I get to see throughout the year with their husbands and kids, but this weekend was special because we had no one to take care of but ourselves! It was so needed!
We got into town and lounged at Randi's just catching up, and hanging out, it was super relaxed, and just so great to be together again.
L-R: Tracey, Leann, Gita, Carolyn, me, Randi, Court, and Jess. We all played volleyball together at Central, but did not have these locker/team rooms they do now. Mario gave us a tour, and we got to hang out for awhile at the boys basketball game. We really started to feel old by the end of the night...After dinner we went out to some of our old favorite places and I swear we were hanging out in the same places at what looked like high school kids! Too think we thought we were SO OLD in college. We kept asking people how old they thought we were since everyone was just staring at our group when we would walk in. They guessed high 20's, how sad is that?? We are getting old!!
Us girls and Mario. When they did the whole gym remodel, they saved the center of the old gym floor... We spent a lot of time in that gym, and have some very awesome memories of playing together. I have thanked Mario many times for the recruiting choices he made (a total God thing), because these girls are some of my bestest friends and have continued to stay that way. We are so lucky to have had, and have the experiences we do. Me and Care...
We originally had hoped to Skype with Kate since she obiviously couldn't fly in for the weekend. But two days before she went into labor at 34 weeks with her identical twin boys, Kyson and Beckett. We missed you!!
After the weekend was over we kept saying, now why did it take us this long to do this? We need to do this more often, it is amazing how fast life continues to fly by. These girls are truly a huge reason why I am the person I am today. I have SO many memories of the 4 years we spent playing volleyball together, going to school, and living with 5 of them in a house...
After the weekend was over we kept saying, now why did it take us this long to do this? We need to do this more often, it is amazing how fast life continues to fly by. These girls are truly a huge reason why I am the person I am today. I have SO many memories of the 4 years we spent playing volleyball together, going to school, and living with 5 of them in a house...




1 comment:
What an AWESOME and very NEEDED 24 hours! The fact that you guys were kidless and husbandless (as much as you love them dearly) I'm sure that 24 hours stretched a lot longer than your normal 24 hours! Good quality time :) Looks like you had fun! Getting old is just a part of life ;) haha
Post a Comment