"I told you so," weren't exactly the words I was looking for this past weekend, when Chris was trying to prove that even my 4th round wouldn't escape these nasty, painful, and annoying contractions that will haunt me until the end. They say I have an "overactive uterus" fun huh?! I get lots of intense contractions that are labor like in pattern and some in intensity, but so far have never changed my cervix. I went into the doctor earlier in the week to make sure that this pregnancy wasn't any different, and yes my cervix is fine, and yes I am contracting like crazy, they say, and so I feel. I love when people ask me, "like Braxton hicks right?!" No actually like contractions, I just get to practice for 2 1/2 months so that way when I have my c-section my body will be ready for labor, ha. So back on some contraction meds to help with relaxing my body from this pattern, which doesn't work great, but gets me some relief here and there. So I am praying that these contractions let up, and most of all do not change my cervix, it's still too early for him to be here.
My weekly workout routine of Power Pump may be cut too, which is really disappointing because I really enjoy getting out and trying to stay in somewhat of shape as I continue to watch the scale rise... :)
I promise not to complain very much anymore, I chose to be pregnant again knowing that it was a good chance I would end up in this same position, so for now my husband just gets to live with me for the next 74 days and shake his head...
Baby! Isn't he sweet!? Look at that profile
Brodes is the baby magnet, constantly kissing, touching, and talking to me about the baby. He can't wait to be the BEST helper, and I do believe him when he says that. I swear the baby recognizes his voice too because every time Brodes jumps on my lap and starts talking the baby is moving like crazy, it is so sweet!
Since naming boy #4 hasn't been an easy task, I kept telling Chris well you need to make a decision so when the new Pottery barn stockings come up I can order one, because its all about the stocking right? Can't have the baby without one... So one night we actually made some good name progress and we are about 95% sure that we have THE NAME. Whew! So as a joke the next morning I went on the website and put in THE NAME and sent a picture to him at work and asked "can I order?" Okay I might be a tad annoying at times, I guess I will wait a bit longer, just in case... :)
Baby #4 is getting some new fresh things as well, I got this from Slo Day Design (Sarah Ortiz) and had fun picking out some new swaddle blankets and clothes.
I am thinking this will be the ONE and ONLY pic I post, 28 weeks, and gaining weight like a champ! :) Baby is super healthy and might just be my most active yet, although since the contractions have come on he is moving a lot less, feel bad for the poor guy, not a very fun environment in there I am sure.
Oh the joys of pregnancy, how we can forget so quickly, but wouldn't change these days for anything. I always ask Chris, would you gain 40-50+ pounds for 4 kids and go through what I do in pregnancies, he said heck no, that's why I am crazy. Women are the tough ones! :) This pregnancy is really special to me though (like the others too) but different because it is the last baby, and so cool because how much the older boys are into this. The greatest gift you can give your kids is a sibling, and the boys are already learning so much about pregnancy and babies and preparing for this little guy. Can't wait to become a family of 6 and for all the adventures ahead.






5 comments:
Oh Julie, you look so great! I know you probably don't feel like you do, but you are darling. Love all the cute boy stuff you got, and can't WAIT to hear that name! I'm sure it's adorable!
B
Sorry about the "B" comment...kid on my lap. :)
I can't wait to meet this boy!! Of course he's going to be adorable-we know that, but I really think this is going to be your laid back baby! You are an amazing woman for sure Jules to want to do this 4 times and with what you go through! Complain away if you need to. Its a good thing you have such a busy life to keep your mind off it a little ha! Our next little get away is going to be something interesting for sure. Maybe we should put Cole and Chris in one vehicle with half the kids and us with the other half! ;)
Oh you look SO darling, honestly, you do. I never get the cute belly...I'm the girl who people always say {or at least I'm sure they do} is she or isn't she?? Yeah I could be on that show didn't know I was pregnant cuz look wise I'm just fluffy, no cute belly for me. But fluff and all I'll take another baby. :) Man contractions already, I will be thinking of you and hoping that baby stays cooking. 28 weeks is always my goal to get too because at that point I can picture survival {I have living proof} so I always breathe a sigh of relieve when I get there...not that I want to have another that early but it's nice to picture the size of the baby at least. :) I can't wait to see this stocking of yours!!!! Hope to see your cute pregnant self in person sometime soon. :)
Post a Comment