"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, September 19, 2012

First Grader & 4 Yr. Preschool

"The days are long but the years are short..."  Genius quote.  It was a little crazy thinking that my Cruiser was going to be in school EVERY DAY, and Brodes 3 mornings a week in preschool.  Growing up, and although we seem to think it gets easier when they are in school, I am finding my life so super busy running them everywhere and making sure they have everything they need each day.  This mom thing continues to kick my butt! :) Daily 30 minutes of homework, activities, Church stuff, and of course our life wouldn't be complete with trying to jam pack extracurricular things in: Soccer, Football, Gymnastics to name a few.  The suburban needs to find a way to get better gas mileage.  My planner has become my best friend, along with pregnancy brain, I feel like I can't keep the day straight, let alone the week or month. 

Wouldn't trade this for the world, and I know I try my best to savor each day and even the crazy moments because before I know it all 4 boys will be in school and I will have 4 directions I am turning!
Aren't they cute?  Good job boys, fool your teachers early on to make them believe that you act as cute as you look! :)
He melts me! 
Go Lions, showing off his Price Lynden Lions bag from Memi! 
You guessed it, Brodes landed himself a very cool spidey back pack! Now only if I would let him wear his spider man clothes to school and church he would be very happy!
So happy!  Love these boys!
BYE MOM!!!  Never sad to leave, but always happy to see me, I guess I will take it.  Mornings are always comical and can be pretty intense getting that routine going and keeping them moving.  My favorite part is when I get to watch Crew and the neighborhood kids at the bus stop, and when we are all on the porch waving good bye to Crew! It really is a show!  FUN!
Reading is not Crew's best subject, in fact it has been a very hard struggle so far, but we keep plugging away and trying to make it fun.  This kid continues to teach me more than I feel I will ever be able to teach him.... Patience... :)

Both boys are adjusting well in school.  Brodes LOVE LOVE LOVES preschool, he tells me everything about it, to what they did, who he played with, sings the songs, none of which Crew did. They are so different, I love that.  Crew is doing great in first grade and I enjoyed meeting his teacher Mrs. Goodman.  Although he thinks first grade is too much work and not enough recesses, he is adjusting well. 

Cheers to the 2012-2013 school year!

No comments: