"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Monday, July 28, 2008

Lake Chelan 2008

We just got back from a week in Lake Chelan. This is the second year in a row that we have rented a house there with 4 other couples. There were 5 guys, 5 girls and 5 babies (all boys!!!). All of us girls played volleyball together at Central and all of the boys were forced to become friends after they married us:) However, I think the boys had even more fun than the girls this trip, the 5 of them are quite a group. As usual it was so fun to catch up with old friends and watch our kids play together. I have so many wonderful memories of playing volleyball in college and this group of girls are some of my best friends in the world. I just wish we all lived closer!! (Taken from Carolyn's blog :))

I headed over to Lake Chelan with me and the two boys, Chris had to work until Thursday. So I was a little nervous for that 5 hour drive by myself, we had bought Crew a portable DVD player which was a life saver. We got up Sunday morning packed the car, and I fed Brody right before we left hoping we could drive 3 hours before his next feeding. The whole drive over was great, I couldn't believe it, usually I can't even drive to Bellingham without screaming fits, and trying to put binky's back in....

Crew and Jaymin were best buds all trip. If you want to see all the fun they had check out the Kerlee Family Blog. Also check out the Pemberton Family Blog for lots of group pictures and other good ones. Being a single mom with two kids the majority of the trip, Chris couldn't come until late Thursday night, I didn't get a chance to take all the pictures that I wanted :)
They did everything together, which was nice to keep them entertained but they really knew how to be naughty sometimes too :)
Crew thought Colt was a baby, even though Colt is a big boy and is walking really well. So here is Crew trying to hold Colt.
Trying to get a picture of all 5 boys with matching swimshorts (thanks Jess!) was quite challenging...

Brody got swimshorts too :)
The deck was nice because it was enclosed and we had two pools on it for the boys to play with.
Colt trying to keep up with the big boys!
In this picture they are all playing really nice, during other times at the pool you might catch them dumping water over each others heads or splashing :) Boys will be boys!
Say Cheese, or CANDY! Sitting on the back steps watching the guys play later ball.
Come on you have got to be getting tired, is it bed time yet?? :)
.
The moms and their boys, Court is holding Brody for me.
Carolyn is feeding Brody... What else do you notice about this picture??
Brody was VERY good on this trip, I feel bad that he always seemed to be in his swing, but he did get some attention.
Crew stole Tyler's cowboy hat and thought he was pretty cool.

1 comment:

Pemberton Family said...

Good job on the intro:) I missed you today,I kept thinking I was going to talk to you and then I remembered we were not in Chelan anymore:( I love all the new pictures. Hopefully it will not take Jess a month to post all hers too!! Enjoy the rest of your week.