"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Brave Boys

You can see Brody's band aids on his arm from the blood draw :(
Brody had his appointment today with the allergy/immunity doctor. We have been on the waiting list for awhile, so I was happy to finally get in. After going over his full history and taking a look at him, Dr. Scott decided to order some blood work to check his blood cell count levels and different areas of immunity and allergy possibilities. Since this is one of the very few times Brody hasn't been sick in a month (knock on wood) she also wanted to have a chest x-ray taken to see what his lungs look like "healthy". She also noted that Brody is a total mouth breather, which I knew, and he will most likely need to get his adenoids removed within the the next couple of years. It is too young to do it now, so we will have to wait. Not being able to breathe out of his mouth and having large adenoids has just been another factor in why he has been sick so much. My brother and sister and I all had to have our adenoids and tonsils removed, so this doesn't necessarily surprise me. I was just hoping that I didn't have to pass down my bad luck, which Brody has had his fair share of!!
So off to the x-ray lab, and this being his 3rd chest x-ray since birth, RSV, and pneumonia, I knew what to expect but poor Brody just screamed when they had him in the body cast with his arms held straight upright. Since I am pregnant I had to leave the room, which made him cry even louder!
After surviving that we headed to the lab to get blood work done..... This is where I am very weak, I hate needles! So they had me hold him down and two nurses proceeded to try to take his blood from one of his arms, after over a minute of loud screams and lots of tears I thought they were done, but come to find out they still couldn't get the needle in the vain properly!! So onto the next arm, and they did get some out of there, thank goodness!
So we should find out in about two weeks the results from the tests, hoping no major allergies and maybe an answer to why his immune system has had so much trouble trying to stay healthy.

Crew has had his run of bad luck these past few days too. Right before we left for Chelan he got his first bee sting... Last night he got his first WASP sting, and let me tell you, he screamed like crazy (the bee sting wasn't as bad) and his whole middle finger swelled. Then today at lunch he had some orange juice on his hands and walked away from the table and next thing I knew he was screaming again and he got stung by another bee in both hands! Poor guy! We iced and he took some benadryl which knocked him out for his nap. It has been a rough day today in the Price household!!

2 comments:

The Jernigan Family said...

Poor little guy! I hate taking Sage to the doctor for shots, I think it is harder on the parents than it is on the kids...I usually make Jeramy take her...but she has an appointment to get shots today so we are both going to go, then I have surgery next Tuesday and am going to be laid out for 8 weeks so Jeramy will really have to be Mr. Mom. I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Melodie said...

so sad about the blood draw /x-rays. at least he's not old enough to yell profanities at the tech's like Taye. Hopefully the results will show you it is something totally treatable so Brody can have a healthy year!