"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Friday, August 21, 2009

Fair Week!

This week the fair was in town and so the boys got their fill throughout the week with many visits :)
On Monday my whole family went to the Demolition Derby. We met up for dinner at the PTA booth (best burgers ever!) and walked around and saw some animals before the show. Papa and Crew and Brody and Uncle Jeff. It was Jeff's birthday too, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!!!!
Crew had to take a few tractor breaks on the way!

We had good seats in the grandstands waiting for the show to start...It was great to spend some time with Jeff and Rachel too since they are leaving for Yakima at the end of the month! They are so busy we rarely get to see them... We are excited to make some visits to the new Bob's restaurant they are opening this fall.
Crew loved, loved, loved it! He was entertained for the full 2 1/2 hours of the cars, trucks, and other things that crashed all night. He was yelling and clapping for everyone. Brody was just chill the whole night on our laps. He didn't make a peep, he just sat there numb from all the noise and everything going on. The looks on both boys' faces were priceless! We will definitely be making this an annual event!

Having fun!
On Wednesday I took just Crew back to the fair with Kassi, Lane, and Taylor to do rides. As you can probably guess Crew had a blast. There wasn't one ride he was scared of, and he kept wanting to go on more and more. Just my luck though it was the hottest day of the week. Me and heat, and being pregnant, not fun! But Crew was so good and we had a great time.
Up, up, up and away in the airplane
Roller coaster time
Yep we are off the ground...
He even liked the spinning ones
Lane and Crew

Taylor kept the boys in line and they actually listen to her :)
Crew going down the BIG TALL SLIDE! I don't think his dad would have been doing this at his age :) But Crew takes after his wild uncles. As long as he doesn't start asking to sky dive and bungee jump like my brother I think I will be okay with his bravery.
MORE?


Crew and Lane won these hammers at the fishing game. Let's just say 2 days later I have already thrown ours away. Brody was getting slammed with it constantly :)
It's been a long, hot day... Walking back to the car with his chocolate ice cream (his favorite)...

Last night Papa, Memi, and Becca took both boys back to the fair to see the animals again and walk around. The boys are so spoiled by everyone! Memi even took Crew on the BIG roller coaster, and he talked Becca into taking him on the Farris wheel, I wish I could have seen that. They came home with all sorts of little prizes. It was a great break for me as well :) I will try to update with pictures if I get any...hint..hint...
The fair is so fun, but I am definitely okay with it being over!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha hint hint...I get it! I'll work on it...I'm not even sure if I got any good ones because my camera was dying! I'm glad you got a break.... I love taking the boys.

Becca