This past month has been so super busy, and I can tell my overall attitude and stress levels are starting to get the best of me. It is the over planner in me, and pressuring myself. It is halfway (yippee) through the semester at school which always seems to get a little tough, and Chris has had a lot of overtime. I feel like between work and home I am having a very hard time doing anything well. Just as soon as I get caught up in one area, the other one seems more overwhelming. I don't think today's reading could have been any more fitting.
Linger In My Presence A While...Rein in your impulse to plunge into the day's activities, beginning your day alone with Me is essential preparation for success. A great athlete takes time to prepare himself mentally for the feat ahead of him before he moves a muscle. Similarly, your time of being still in My Presence equips you for the day ahead of you. Only I know what will happen to you this day. I have arranged the events you will encounter as you go along your way. If you are not adequately equipped for the journey, you will grow weary and lose heart. Relax with Me while I ready you for action.
*Jesus Calling
Days just aren't long enough sometimes, and I am constantly reminded that 'less is more'. To help with my stress and anxiety in the past the gym has been my best friend, and we need to get reacquainted again! Time flies, and before I know it I will be back to being full time home with the boys, and trying to stay sane that way! Praying for a healthy balance?! Best thing is, no matter how hard some days, or weeks, may seem, God is in control. Reality check Julie...counting my blessings and putting a smile on my face for this awesome family weekend head of me!
Happy Halloween everyone, be safe, and take lots of pictures... :)




3 comments:
AMEN!!! I HOPE SOMEDAY I FIND THE PERFECT BALANCE OF EVERYTHING TOO! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HALLOWEEN PICTURES OF YOUR BOYS! ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!
Are the boys geared up for trick-or-treating? HAPPY HALLOWEEN to my favorite little superheroes! Can't wait to see pictures :)
Oh Jules... Quit being so hard on yourself! Life isn't meant to be easy and you for some reason find a way to make it look easy! Even with all the craziness! We'll have to stop by tomorrow to get pictures with all the boys together in their costumes! Can't wait to see the superheros in action!! haha Relax and take time for yourself.... It's healthy! :)
Post a Comment