"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Friday, November 5, 2010

Forgotten...

Well poor Crew's day didn't start out very good, when he lost his "I" day show-n-tell item.  Ivanna and Courtney, my two very amazing TA's who sometimes take Crew to school, searched the car high and low. But he put his ID card in his pocket and it must have fallen out before he got into the car.  He was very sad...show-n-tell is very important to him!

Too top that off in his little 4 year old world, I get a call at 12:00 on my cell phone at work from his preschool teacher, teacher Gina, saying that Crew is still at preschool (ends at 11:45).  I was like, oh my goodness, I totally spaced on arranging for him to be picked up.  My grandma normally does it, but lately I have been having my dad do Friday's and I just totally FORGOT to talk to him about it.  I felt so awful, what kind of mom leaves her child at preschool?  So I find another teacher to cover my 3rd period class and I race there and pick him up, he smiled and said "mom I am the last one, no one came to get me..." Talk about guilt! Teacher Gina did have the heart to reassure me that she understood it was as scheduling flaw, and says it does happen.  Crew seemed extra sad on the way back, and I asked him if he was okay, and he says yah, but I was just sad that no one came to get me."  I told him that mommy was sorry and that I would never leave him.  He said "Its okay I had all the toys to myself"! 

Just when you think your running a well oiled machine, our busy schedule shows some 'squeaks'.  Arranging people coming into my house throughout the week to watch the boys around college classes, Chris's shift work, and my teaching schedule, then someone else taking Crew to school, and someone else picking him up, can be a little crazy. 

Well hopefully Crew won't hold it against me, although the kids memory is amazing, I probably deserve to be held accountable...Cheers to a good weekend, and a RAINY home football playoff this Saturday!  Last concessions of the year!  Woo hoo!  Stop by and get some hot dogs and pizza!  :)

3 comments:

The Mulder Family said...

OH Julie...I am sure that we will probably forget we have a child at one point and do something too...he will forget :)

The Van Prices said...

OH NO..... Haha This probably shouldn't be funny... but it is! Only because he was safe and all figured out. I hate the guilt trip but no ones perfect just close ;) Cole just asked me why I was smiling so I told him the story and he picked up his phone... I'm guessing he's talkin some shit right about now... Sorry! Love ya!

Tara Dykstra said...

Oh that sucks! I always am thinking I am going to forget to put Griffin's lunch in his back pack! But yes, I am sure the teachers have seen it all. And at least you know he is at a very safe place! and I am sure he won't remember!