"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Key Pieces to the Puzzle

All of us mom's know that things just don't happen, you make them happen, you plan, you pray, you do your best to do all of the little things right so that the big things may happen.

Deciding to work full time for half of the school year with three kids four and under, was interesting. I know A LOT of mom's work, I am not claiming to be super mom by any means, far from it actually, but it is a juggle.  I knew it was not going to work to send three kids to daycare, with having to get Crew to and from preschool, and leave the house by 6:45 am financially or logically. So I took a chance and decided to get some babysitters to come to my house to watch the boys. 

Well it was a total God thing, because not only did I get two incredible, loving, responsible, fun, exceptional girls to watch the boys, but they completely exceeded any expectations I would ever have of a babysitter.  Not only were the boys well taken care of, but the house was CLEAN when I came home, and it was QUIET.  Wow a miracle.  Games were played, puzzles were put together, books were read, and rules were followed... TV was off.  No one can replace the time a mom gets with their kids, but knowing the care these boys were getting from these girls made going to work so much easier.  They were life savers, and I am going to miss them dearly!  I almost want to keep working just to keep them around!
The goof troops, Shelbs and the boys! 
Crew even got to go on a "date" with Shelbie the day that Brody and Kyler had their surgeries.  They had the best day ever (according to Crew) and went to out to lunch, went and watched the moive Tangled, and got blizzards!
They weren't afraid to get rough and wrestle....
Jill, Brodes and Cruiser
I hope the future allows for more babysitting, I would love to have them promise to come back next year... hint hint...but these college girls have a lot to look forward to, and I could not put a dollar value on what they did for our family over the last 5 months! 

We love you Shelbie and Jill!

Only TWO more days of work for this mama...Until the REAL work begins...Now let's just hope I can keep up with the boys full time again, working was almost kind of a break....Onto another chapter with the Price Family Adventures!

1 comment:

The Mulder Family said...

I love it...you are such a hard worker...I hope I can keep up with Westyn as much you keep up with those 3...I may need to get some "boy" tips from you :)