We got a new kitten and her name is Spice, yes we still have Pumpkin. Chris was gone for the weekend, and sometimes I like to surprise him with new things when he does that to me, just kidding. His cell phone was roaming, so I didn't really get to ask him permission but he is good with it, right Chris? :) Brody is such an animal lover, and having just one more cat wasn't going to make that big of a difference anyway, was it? Isn't that what they say about kids too, whats one more anyway? That's my motto for the cat situation, so we got Spice from my cousins Grant and Tara, and she is the best kitten ever. So great with the kids, calm, cool, and collective, a new personality for our house, and she is a keeper.
This cat has basically settled on the idea that she will go everywhere with Brody, she use to fight it more at first, but Brody is pretty good about being nice to her, after he got in trouble for throwing the kitty up in the air and trying to catch it, naughty. Spice did get a bath in our pool too, but I think we all understand how to be nice now...hopefully.
I wish I had more pictures of kids SWIMMING, SLIP N SLIDING, RIDING CARS, and just being OUTSIDE, however the weather has not passed 70 degrees I swear. Summer better be here in August. So one day I took just Crew and Brody to Cars 2, we lasted about halfway, and Brodes is just not ready I guess, and so we left.
All the boys are super into their cars and racing, Crew even got creative and made his racing pits, or whatever they're called!
Swimming lessons were good, Crew is still very social and easily distracted, but he got SO MUCH better. It was fun watching him, hopefully he will feel confident soon on his own without water wings.
Goofy boys Lane, Crew, and Trey
iPad time with Spice
Brodes sharing his snacks...He told me that Spice loves his animal crackers. I asked him, Brody you really like Spice don't you? He said, "mom I just love cats, and spice is so sweet!"
Farmer Fixer Brodes! He is got quite the imagination these days. He often plays on his own and likes to be a little more independent. Being our middle man, he is taking full advantage of getting and picking at both of his brothers, which makes it seem like he is the one constantly in trouble, just what he wants right, that attention? :) Chris always calls him the sweetest boy, because he just has that charm about him when he wants to be sweet, so sensitive, and caring. He knows how to make us smile, and then at any moment he flips the switch and out comes sour! He has the funniest scowl and can get so angry, dads temper maybe? :) He is still struggling with being 100% potty trained but over all doing so much better, just in time to be starting preschool in a month. He is sooooo excited for that.
I hope that August brings more sun, and pictures of us outside enjoying the weather. Keeping my fingers crossed!




No comments:
Post a Comment