All 3 boys are obsessed with airplanes right now, which is perfect timing with the Abbottsford Airshow that is going on this weekend, so we have spent some watching the fighter jets and others fly over our house doing all sorts of tricks and patterns. I think I am almost deaf considering how loud especially Kyler can be as he yells AIRPLANE over and over again.
Brody is very into his own things theses days, maybe it's a middle child thing? But we put the letter "B" on his favorite things like his Buzz Lightyear arm, his bike, and some other random cars. He likes to see letter "B" and says "B" is for Brody and "B" is for me. Silly dude.
Nana also gave him a watch a while back because he was always wanting to watch her second hand on her watch. It is one of those snap on wrist bands, which he thinks is just the coolest thing, and he has to show everyone his watch. OH and GUESS what?! He is FULLY potty trained, with only about 3 weeks to spare before preschool was going to start! We are so proud of him!!! The whole pooping thing (sorry tmi) was so hard because he was scared to death to do it on the toilet, he would cry for 30 minutes straight, just full on tears. But after a year of trying to make everything come together he did it. Woohoo!!! It was only 3 years of having two kids in diapers... Now he is focused on getting rid of night time pull ups, so we are giving him a coin (quarter) every morning he wakes up dry, and he can save his money for candy, video games at Milt's or whatever. I figure I would be saving money going this route, considering if we could reuse a pull up we would save 50 cents, so giving him a quarter we would still be ahead, ha, gotta love a little incentive ;)
Oh Kys....My loud man, and really doesn't quit yelling until he is fully acknowledged for whatever he was trying to say. It is literally non stop when we are driving in the car--COW, mama, COW COW COW, or WATER, WATER, WATER. Think of the loudest child you have ever heard and times it by 10. He developed those lungs early, and wow he knows how to bring it! Getting his way, and that is a whole other story, I really have to stick to my guns on things, even if his fits get out of control, he is definitely full of expression this little guy! But oh man his smiles, his laughs, and the way he blows kisses and welcomes everyone just melts my heart...Just gotta keep trying to channel his energy and not squash it :)
Ready or not we are set with school supplies, a new back pack, some clothes (so boring). Typcial boy and wanted nothing to do with getting school stuff, which was sad for me, because I was so into this special morning I had planned, and he was just annoyed and wanted to get out of the stores and run around. I guess he got desperate at one point and even after he was told not too, went and hid under the clothes rack, and the jokester/trickster he is, decided he was going to jump out at someone when they passed. Well the time he decided to do that it was an 80 year old woman, and literally scared the crap of her, I was so mad at him, the poor lady!!! Good luck to his Kindergarten teacher :)
Nana and Cruiser
Our routines are going to change very quickly, with my school responsibilities already in effect and many days and trainings, and conferences in place before school starts. I think a new routine is good, change is good, and I think this mom needs a small break in her day to be around other adults and high school kids too. I love a good balance! Cheers to some sunshine that decided to give us some summer though, although after August bring on FALL because football season and everything to do with FALL is the best time of year!




No comments:
Post a Comment