"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Friday, March 30, 2012

Mother/Son DODGEBALL!

Dodge ball, never thought I would be playing that game again... Until I got the note home from Crew's school that there was going to be a mother/son dodge ball night.  How cool is that?!  For the girls they do a father/daughter banquet where they get all dressed up.  This is much more my style, God totally knew what he was doing when he gave me 3 boys! 
It was really cool how they set it up, K/1, 2/3, 4/5 grades went out in sessions, so it was a little nerve wracking in the beginning being a rookie for my first year not knowing what to expect.  Being that Crew was in the little group I felt a little bad pegging some little guys, but I can see in the years to come as he gets older the games get way more intense, some of those older grade mom's were actually sweating.. :)  They started mixing it up at the end so some moms were intermixed with kids, so some of my friends and I had even more fun trying to bomb each other from across the gym. 
The boys and their mom
The best part of the whole thing was seeing how EXCITED Crew was.  #1 for getting to BEAT his mom (so he thinks) #2 to go somewhere with just me and do something special #3 to see all of his school friends and just be a wild and crazy boy.   I love what a little spirit and competition brings out in people, it was a fun night, and very well ran. 
Crew and his buddy Lane

I can't wait for next year already, I can basically plan on playing dodge ball at least once a year for the next 9 years, wow! :)  I will have 2 years in a row when all 3 boys will be doing this, so I will have to do all 3 sessions, I am sure I will be a pro by then!

No comments: