"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Adventures with Aimee

After finding out my cousin Krisitin was pregnant and would not be able to watch the boys anymore after spring break, I was a little frustrated knowing how hard it would be to  find someone to fill that spot.  After all they loved going to Kristin's, and I knew making another switch and finding people to fill in on random days wasn't going to be easy.  God thing for sure, we get introduced to Aimee Hofbauer, who graduated from Meridian High School last year.  She had recently hurt her shoulder and couldn't do her job at the Christian Healthcare Center anymore and was needing something to do while she took online classes.   What a perfect fit, online classes, and our crazy schedule made it easy for her to work whatever days and any time, SO AWESOME.

So I thought this must be too good to be true, was it really that easy to find someone to come to my house and watch my kids after past years it had taken me months?  Not only was the timing perfect, but she is perfect, and fit in right away with the boys and our family.  I didn't have to drop the kids off anywhere or pick them up, she came right to our house.  I probably scared her orginally with my 2 page list of notes, but Aimee was a pro coming from a family of 9, she didn't need my instructions... :) 

So Aimee didn't just hang with the boys at home and try to pass time, she took them on "Aimee Adventures" and as you can see from the pictures they would go all over town to different parks, scavenger hunts, Mc Donald's, and even bowling.  When she walked in the door the boys were in heaven, so it looks like the bar has been raised, this mom better step up her game as well!! :)

Then when Chris got moved to projects for a 2 month term at work, his schedule completely changed again in May, and Aimee got put on 5 days a week instead of 2-3, and because of her willingness to help and flexibility it was a super smooth transition.  We had no way of knowing that was going to happen, so it still amazes me everything feel into place!

We will miss having Aimee here, the boys and I both and hope to still have her help from time to time when we can.  Not only was she great with the boys but I came home to laundry folded and a clean house!  WOW!
THANK YOU AIMEE!!!! 

No comments: