"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy 80th Kakie!

Happy 80th Birthday KAKIE!  We had a special dinner for my grandpa Durk DeJager at Shuksan Golf Course.  There were about 50 people there including his kids, grandkids, and his brothers and sisters that traveled from Oregon and California.  It really is a miracle that my grandpa is still with us today, doctors had his cancer diagnosis with a different alternative.  He is currently doing GREAT and is very happy and seems to be doing just fine!  Just another reminder that God's plan is the deciding factor!
Soaking it all in!
When we got there we noticed there were copies of hymns printed out on each of the tables, I had to laugh because I didn't really have a visual of what this party was going to be like, but heck you can set the tone for whatever you want at your 80th!  His brothers and sisters had quite the group going between large Dutch accents and the accordian being played, it brought out singing, smiling, and laughter in everyone!
My grandpa is always good for a few jokes--- but once he starts....   You just never know what might come out of his mouth and what the joke may turn into.  We were rolling laughing!  All of his years driving bus and farming have given him some interesting punch lines.... :)
A full house, it was a nice night, and because it was "kid free" us adults got to have some good quality converstation without interuption.  I knew going into the night it might be a little hard just not having my grandma be there.  Even though she passed away in '98 and we have had several family functions without her, it is never easy knowing how incredibly happy she would be to see her family and what it has grown to be.  I miss that lady more than words can describe, and I cannot wait until the day we get to see her again!  I never thought 14 years later I would still think about her daily and that her impact on my life would be this great... Love her. 

Cheers and HAPPY 80th KAKIE! 

No comments: