"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Saturday, May 24, 2008

Friday Night and Saturday...

I headed back into the hospital last night and didn't think they were going to let me try feeding until some point today. Well the nurse, Stephanie, who has been just awesome, let me try and he took to it right away with no problems!! So that was a huge surprise. So all night I was up feeding and holding him, definitley making up for lost time. It feels great to be busy with a newborn, it was awful having to sit in my hospital room all week and just wait for news.

So for today so many more improvements!! Your prayers are working :) He is in a normal bed, he got his IV taken off his foot, no more feeding tube, and is just feeding off of me! Wow, what a difference 24 hours can bring. He seems and looks like he is normal newborn, they are just measuring his oxygen and breaths to make sure they stay in a good zone which they have. So if all goes well today with feeding and his numbers stay down it looks like we might be able to take our little guy home tomorrow!

Chris and Crew came to visit this morning and we got some pictures of our new family of four, I have the camera cord at home so I will have to update the blog with pictures later tomorrow or the next day. Today has been wonderful thank you to everyone who has been praying for us, hopefully tomorrow we can take Brody home!

1 comment:

Pemberton Family said...

YEA!!! I am so excited for all of you and I can't wait to see pictures of the family! That is great that he is feeding so well, I hope he keeps it up!