"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's Official, Jessi is going to be a beaver :) GO OSU!




Volleyball Adds Three for 2009
Courtesy: Oregon State Sports Information

Release: 11/13/2008

Jessica Roberts (Lynden, Wash./Lynden HS/Oasis VBC)

Jessi, a 6-1 middle blocker/outside hitter, is enrolled at Oregon State, beginning classes winter term of the 2008-09 academic year. Her high school team is also currently in the run for a state title.

“Jessi flew under most universities’ recruiting radars, and we were pleased to scoop her up and have her join us in the winter of 2009,” Liskevych said. “She is a very physical athlete with outstanding strength, jumping ability and quickness. With little volleyball experience, she will have a lot of catching up to do. But once she acquires the necessary PAC-10 skills, Jessica could be the ‘who’s that girl?’ of our 2009 recruiting class.”

"It has been my goal ever since eighth grade to play in the Pac 10,” Roberts said. I chose OSU because when I came on my visit I felt like I was at home. The girls on the team were welcoming and really nice. And I could tell that the coaches here were the best and would help make me the best player I can be.”

No comments: