So today I had NO ONE to watch the boys. My mom normally watches them every other Friday but has to work now, so I was totally stuck. Daycare isn't open on Friday's, my grandma had knee surgery, and Rachel is in Mexico... so what does a mom do? I took them to school with me! Yes I was completely desperate, I had taken a bunch of sick leave the week before when I was sick and we are in finals week so I couldn't stay home.
One of the other teachers who has 1st period plan also had some TA's, so I dropped off Crew with them when I got to school and he played cars and watched his George DVD. He also happened to find the connecting office and ran into multiple classrooms disrupting class, but hey it's Friday right?
During this time Brody came with me to my office while I got ready for class which is right next to the main copy room, so Trish had a blast having Brody help her make copies and in her down time she played with him which was a huge help.
Time for my class to start so Crew comes back to my office and my TA takes over playing with him, taking him to the school barn, coloring, and making sure he doesn't see me in class, otherwise he would want to come in and they were testing... Brody just came into my class with me and played on a huge blanket with lots of toys, he was a big hit, and did really well :)
With about 20 minutes left in class, I finally let Crew in, and he became the class clown, running around, jumping off chairs, being Crew. Since the students were finished testing at this point I put Curious George on in my class and some of the students joined him while he was watching it too :) My students couldn't get over how much they thought Crew looked like me.. Overall it went okay, although I hope I am not in the position to have to bring them again. I owe all the TA's a coffee card for sure!
I'm back!
1 month ago




1 comment:
I love it! I know a teacher who has her baby sometimes with her during 1st period until her husband can get off work (he is an EMT). The students love it! My students are already asking me if I am bringing baby to work with me once it is born. We'll have to see :).
Post a Comment