
My Grandma Pat who passed away 10 years ago made these very special sweaters for her future "lions" (great grandchildren) I have a whole tote full of sweaters, booties, bibs,
receiving blankets, and baptism things for my kids. When my grandma found out she had cancer she got busy knitting enough sweaters so all of her grandchildren would have enough sweaters for their future kids. She had a heart of gold. When Crew was little I had this stored away, and once we moved I was able to find all of these special gifts. There are a ton of pink and purple things as well...
hmm, I wonder if those will ever get worn :) In fact if I do ever have a girl I promised my grandma before she passed away that her middle name would be after her, Patricia.
I made the boys put on these sweaters, because I wanted to get a picture of them wearing these classic "home" and "away" sweaters.

Those of you that didn't know my grandma Pat, she was her
grand kids #1 fan, she attended all sporting events and she had 15
grand kids! She would sit up in the stands during all the games with her knitting basket and knit away while always cheering us on. She was an amazing woman to say the least, and is a big reason I am the person I am today. I think about her very often and know how much she would be enjoying her 11 great
grandchildren today! I could probably do a two page entry on everything that she did for me, she was truly one of a kind. I seem to miss her the most during the holidays because family was everything to her and she had a way to make everyone feel so special.

Crew was not too excited about wearing this, but he will understand someday, right?? :)
1 comment:
These are sweet pictures. Your grandma would be so happy to see how much you appreciated all she did for you. At least she is in a good place now and someday you will join her!! Miss you.
Post a Comment