"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Here we go AGAIN!!

After recovering from his diarrhea and throwing up last week, Brody's eye got infected again. His clogged tear ducts have caused us many trips to the doctor, and back to the doctor we went today. He was also not a very happy camper the last 36 hours, not wanting to be put down, runny nose, and not eating or sleeping very well (the story of my life or I should say his life!).

Brody now has another ear infection and eye infection which can be directly related to each other, a small fever, and is congested. Again POOR BRODES! As you can imagine I was extremely frustrated bringing him into the doctor's office today because we are making trips there every other week it seems like, and he always seems to be sick. Which is causing him not to sleep through the night, and not eat solids very well or consistently. He is now officially 8 months old and this is not fun. I voiced all my concerns to the doctor, and they agreed, after looking back through his chart he has had an eye infection plus other infections and colds every month for the last 5 months! No wonder I am losing my mind!!
Conveniently I have a follow up appointment with an eye specialist tomorrow that we had seen in November regarding his clogged ducts and they will decide whether or not to do surgery or to continue and wait it out so see if it clears on its own. The pediatricians at the office I go to highly recommend that we have the surgery done because of all the infections, which are causing him other complications.
So I will be interested to see what the specialist says tomorrow, and for now I will give Brody yet another round of antibiotics, which he trys to spit out and crys about, and plan on getting up 3 or 4 times a night! But most importantly give him lots of cuddle and love time. It is a good thing I love him so much, and even though it is hard for me, I know that it is even harder on him, and I just want my beautiful baby boy healthy again, and longer than a week :)
The picture doesn't show how bad it really is....but you can get the idea. Mommy please fix my eye :(

4 comments:

LeAnne Den Boer said...

Poor little guy! I feel so bad for him! I hope Brody and yourself get some good sleep the next couple of nights! :)

Pemberton Family said...

Yep I remember those eyes, Colt's looked alot like that only it didn't last this long. What did the dr say? You need to give us an update!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Brodes I'm so sorry :( I just called you back Julie but you were already sleeping, give me a call tomorrow I want to hear what the doctor had to say.

Life in the Kerlee Household said...

Poor Brodes! Those pictures make him look so miserable. I hope he starts feeling better and the doctors give you some answers! He is such a trooper.