As the day progressed Brody's cough and nose, and breathing kept getting worse and worse. At Price's I started to get worried because it just sounded so bad and he seemed so miserable. So I called the on call nurse and she gave me a few things to try. Those really didn't do much and by the time we got home that night, Brody's temp was 103, and Tylenol wasn't breaking it, and he was wheezing really bad. Called the nurse back, she listened to him on the phone, and told me to get him into the ER now. It scared me so bad!
So to make a long night short, we ended up with chest x-rays, a breathing treatment, and a test for RSV virus. To my surprise, he tested positive for RSV (http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/lung/rsv.html) which is not good. His temperature really didn't get any better while we were there either so we had him taking Tylenol and IB meds back to back. We just need to be very careful with him over this next week while his lungs fight off this virus. Poor guy, he is doing better, but is still very raspy and breathing harder. To top off RSV, he also has a double ear infection, which also means he will be having ear tubes put in next month.
This boy has had a rough year, hopefully things start to improve ASAP! Even through this all he is still so happy and smiley. He is such a joy, we love him so much!




2 comments:
Hope Brodes gets to feeling better soon. I know what its like to have a sick house right now. I am just praying that Colt does not get it! He spent the night with Papa and Di Di last night:) They had a blast!!
I can't believe that! Poor little guy. We'll pray that Brody (and the rest of fam for that matter) get and stay healthy soon! No wonder I haven't seen ya around in a few days:)
Post a Comment