"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Saturday, June 20, 2009

Schools OUT, Summers IN!

Well I am officially done teaching until August 2010! Wow, that is crazy to me! Although I will hope to sub before the baby gets here and after when my schedule allows, but I will mostly be with my boys...

Now that summer has been in full swing for a week I can already tell a difference in our routine or lack of there of! Diving into full time mommy duties and not having to go to work everyday has been awesome and getting to spend more quality time with the boys has me more and more looking forward too my new schedule. Although some days it seems like getting a shower is a bonus, ha ha, not having to get ready in nice clothes for teaching everyday that don't fit my expanding belly is really awesome. My new wardrobe will consist of just comfy athletic clothes which is just fine with me! 22 weeks and I am still feeling great, trying to stay active everyday with walk/runs, elliptical and power pump class at the gym. Although being home full time with the boys is also a workout at times and can make me less motivated to get other things done around the house, sorry Chris!!!

As for the boys, now that we are home I am trying to plan more activities and try to get them on a better routine. Which I think will help with their overall behavior and will keep us busy! Crew has officially started potty training (AGAIN) and is on day 3 right now, and has only had 2 day time accidents, so we are very proud of him. We have incorporated the potty chart, and he has stickers he puts on a game board space when he goes to bathroom. Depending on what space he is on, he can earn candy, new toys such as balls, dinosaurs, cars, bubbles, etc. I am still having to make him sit down and go, which can be a 20+ minute conversation, so I am hoping that one of these days he will actually tell me when he has to go and everything won't be such a fight. Who would have guess that I would have such a demanding child? :) We also signed Crew up for another 4 weeks of swimming, which is great for him to go and burn some energy before bed.

Brody is now 13 months old and so very close to walking. He actually has pneumonia right now, (no joke) which really tops off everything else this guys has been through over the past year. Just when I think he is getting healthy and eating and sleeping well something always seems to pop up. So our goal for this next year is to keep that boy healthy, I just want to put him in a bubble to protect his immune system! Now that he has had his ear tubes for a full month, we will see how that effects his walking, he can take a few steps before falling (his record is 12), but is more content with crawling like crazy everywhere. Because of his high number of ear infections and thick fluid build up in his ears, the doctors say it could be awhile before his vestibular system catches up (which in located between your ears and provides information about movement, gravity, and changing head positions). Which isn't always the problem with kids with chronic ear infections/fluid, but can be. Patience! I keep telling myself that. He just brightens my day with how happy he is through all of the stuff he has been through!

So onto summer, and looking forward to many fun days with my boys, Chris, family and friends!
New hair cuts again, which is always an interesting trip :) Brodes chewing on his Popsicles trying to keep his temp down and make his throat feel better :)

2 comments:

The Jernigan Family said...

Phew sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I couldn't imagine being pregnant and running after 2 little boys. I was lucky enough to not have to work and now be a stay at home mommy...and I am trying to figure how to do anything by myself or to turn my back even for a second, forget about cleaning or house work. What do you teach? Enjoy your summer with all of you boys!!

Joelle said...

Don't fret...Jack was 15 months old when he started walking for good...and he had perfectly normal ears:)