
Putting sweats and sweatshirts on the kids to go to the park the other day really reminded me that summer is almost gone.... Where has the time gone? When I got done teaching in June I had imagined the whole summer with my two boys and planning all of things fun things to do before baby #3 comes this fall. And although we have had a fun and busy summer, it is almost over :( I am very
grateful to have the
opportunity this year to be home with my boys and I am sure we will never regret making that decision. It is amazing how fast these boys are growing up and it means the world to me to be there each day to be a part of it!

Brody has developed into this active little boy lately and loves to do anything and everything that Crew does. Since Crew can be very loud and obnoxious, Brody has no choice but to follow in his footsteps. Brody is now RUNNING everywhere, and if I don't keep my eyes out is usually on the bottom of a
dog pile, or has over ran a run and jump on a bean bag chair. He is jabbering a lot of I can make out a few words; Mama,
Dada, ball, duck, ma (milk), ba (bottle) and makes a few animal sounds. But is really starting to get the hang of a few sign language signs: please, more, all done, which have been great with figuring out what this kid wants to eat. He is a very picky eater and is starting to get better with eating different textures, but still refuses to even try some foods. We are working on this. He is growing a ton right now too, since he is healthy and eating well it has made a huge difference in his overall
demeanor and personality. He is such a happy go lucky kid. He can also be very self entertained with toys and loves his books and anything he can match and put shapes into. He loves dancing to Mickey Mouse,
Scooby Doo, or any music that he hears (just like his dad). Him and Crew also tend to fight over the golf clubs and balls, and love to crash cars which ends up with someone in tears because they get a little rough!
I love that my boys are so different but are so a like too, it is fun to continue to watch their personality's change and develop and to see them interact. They are so aware of each other and I can only imagine what #3 is going to do the mix...

It is hard for me to believe that Crew will be starting preschool in two weeks, and wow he has changed so much. He is still that full board, high energy, little boy who can be VERY naughty, but he is really getting to be more behaved and better mannered on his good days. He
definitely gives me a run for my money, but sometimes I think our hard work with him is starting to pay off. The "trying" three's are proving to have their ups and downs but with the start of preschool I think will really help him get on a schedule in a more structured environment. Plus he is such a social kid and having that interaction is going to be very important for him since I will be having a new baby too. He can get bored very easily at home, and he given something fun to do or kids to play with he does great. For church he is now doing Children's Church which he seems to be very excited about! He spends a lot of time playing cars or fixing with his tools. Maybe he will be a mechanic, ha ha!
He is talking and saying things that just crack me up lately. I keep telling Chris I need to keep a mommy journal downstairs and write things down during the day...My little boy is growing up....

For a kid that cried 3 months ago to even be put in a swing (before getting his ear tubes, aka new life) he loves to be pushed high, and laughs and screams out of
excitement!

What a handsome little boy, he is really looking like is mama these days :)
2 months until #3 arrives and we have lots of fun family things planned which I am really looking forward too. All of my boys mean the world to me and I love them so much!
3 comments:
OH mama Hulie your boys love you so much too!! I am completely jealous that you will have my dream job this year but very happy for you anyway!!! Enjoy all this time with your sweet little boys because they are not going to be little very much longer. You are such a great mommy to your boys!
I know they grow up so fast don't they...I taught Sage sign language too the only problem is I am trying to get her to say Please instead of signing it, but you can't really get mad at her for signing it. She is also the PICKIEST eatter. I got Jessica Seinfeld's cook book Deceptively Delicious and have been blending stuff into her food to sneak it by her. Enjoy your time with your 2 baby boys since it is the last time you will ever be a mom to 2 boys...soon it will be 3...ahhh so exciting and you are going to have your hands full! Are you going back to work?
I can't wait for the 3rd!!!!! :)
Becca
Post a Comment