"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Friday, February 12, 2010

A Light at the End of the Tunnel

The smile that keeps going...He smiles so very easily...
Okay you can hold Kyler, AGAIN!
Enjoying the warm weather this February!
Kyler even got bundled up to go outside in my Ergo for a few laps around the block with the rest of the family.

With Kyler almost being 4 months old I can definitely say we "see the light"! Wow, I don't know how we honestly survived some of those days. Well I do, prayer and prayer and prayer! But he has turned some big corners the past few weeks, and that screamer has turned into one wide-mouth, big smiles boy! He is sleeping a 6 hour stretch at night, and will eat and go back to sleep for another couple hours. Napping is still hard, but we are getting more of a routine down. I would like for him to be sleeping in a crib instead of the car seat, but that just quite isn't happening yet. He is still on his special formula and they said around 6 months we can try to start weaning him off, and hopefully he won't be allergic to anything. Also it is almost like he is playing catch up because he is eating every 2-3 hours in the day and has increased to 4-5 ounces per bottle. The big hold up with him still is the non stop screaming in the car seat while driving, so I am praying for that day to end so he might be happier going to more places. His reflux is still bothering him pretty bad, the poor baby always stinks!

We were at the doctor's earlier this week because he still has somewhat of a cold for the past couple weeks, my doctor is so sweet. She honestly looked me in the eye and was like we were so very worried about you Julie, Kyler was so bad, and personally she did not know how I did it. She said between the 20 pediatricians in their Bellingham office they had not had a case as bad as Kyler's in over a year. Currently they have a couple patients in their practice that are really struggling with babies, not quite as bad as Kyler, so I told her to give them my number, if I could be of any help I would be honored. It almost seems like God makes us forget those hard times quicker than we think, because even though those hard times were only weeks away, I have moved on and have become a stronger person because of them. I am starting to feel like a whole new person. I did blog quite a bit about how I was feeling during those dark, long days and nights, but seeing Kyler today and knowing the struggles that other people are currently dealing with, make everything seem like it was just another bump in the road. Trying to put myself back into those days of him tightly swaddled, bounced on the ball for 18+ hours a day, screaming, not eating, not sleeping, gripe water, gas drops, whatever Internet remedy could buy, doctor appointments, Children's Hospital, probiotics, chiropractor visits, 2 crazy boys running around, a mom not showered and home bound for days at a time.... I survived, and I can honestly say that it was all worth it. We are through the worse of it until the next thing comes right?

Right now I am starting to get together with friends more again, make time for the gym, and actually sit down for 5 minutes, it feels great. I am so incredibly blessed, God has continued to bless us with the amazing support of our families, some newer friends, and the greatest old friends I could ever ask for. Life is good!

6 comments:

Blessed Beyond Measure-The Hollemans said...

I am so glad he is doing better! When I first read your blogs I honestly cried for you and Kyler...the pain he must have been feeling and the exhaustion you must have felt. It is so good to see everyone happy and your other boys are awesome! I can't wait to get together and have a play date! Good job on being such a patient and loving mother :)

Tanis said...

I honestly just breathed a huge sigh of relief for you Julie :) I love that your pediatrician admitted to you that she doesn't know how you survived the last couple months haha. Although I don't yet know what it's like to be a mother, you can't imagine how many times I think of you while I'm at work...Some days I feel like I can't do one thing right to make that little girl feel better, but when I do its the most rewarding feeling in the world! Kyler KNOWS what you have done for him his first 4 months of life and the bond and love you share will be even stronger because of it. Keep the faith that this is only the beginning of things getting easier for him. Love ya!

Rachel Strachan said...

Wow Julie! I'm glad things are going better and you are getting some rest! You are so strong! A big inspiration for moms and non-moms alike :)

Becca said...

That smile is something else!! So stinkin cute and I know I've said it a couple times now but you really are super mom!! FINALLY getting on track and back to normal...a busy normal ;) I LOVE that picture of Cruiser holding Ky!

The Price Family said...

You are all too kind. I really am just an every day average kind of mom that just loves her boys! I just blog about it :)

Melodie said...

..you made it! You should be proud of yourself for staying so strong and being such a great mama when it probably felt like it would never end. I'm so thankful that your lil' sweetie is doing SO much better these days.