This Carrie Underwood song is one of my favorites, "Jesus, take the wheel, take it from my hands, cause I can't do this on my own, I'm letting go so give me one more chance, to save me from this road I'm on Jesus, take the wheel...
So many times it is easy to get caught up in life thinking that we are in CONTROL, and we are not. We can do everything "right", be a good person, be faithful in the Word, and serve others, but as a believer I know that Jesus has full control of my life, and the precious gifts that he has given me. We are all His children and need to be ready to be called upon. For someone that likes to plan and organize and makes things fit, sometimes I forget to realize to live for the day. Because we are only promised the day, and Jesus will call on us when he is ready.
One of my dearest friends Joelle, and her wonderful family the VanDiest's, celebrated their mom's life yesterday. Kathy passed away from an 11 month battle with cancer. I have so many memories growing up right down the road from them. From all the birthday parties, sleep overs, camping in the back yard, raising goats, riding in the "6 pack", playing barbies and more barbies, and just running around the neighborhood together. Kathy was always such a bright warm smile when I would go there, and also showed all of us girls lots of love. I see many of those amazing qualities of Kathy in Joelle. Such a giving heart, and a good friend. Kathy will be missed by many and I know her 4 daughters and husband will keep her memories alive. Joelle and I now basically share a driveway where we live, and it has been such a blessing to be available to her and her family during this time. Chris and I are so lucky to have such great friends right next door that we can count on for anything. Love you Day family.
Time and time again we are challenged to except God's plan, even though we may never know why... God does not ask us to understand, but he does promise to be there for us, and help us through the journey. Live for today, tell the people you care about that you love them. Which road are you going to follow, are you going to trust Jesus, or continue to take detours?
Please keep the VanDiest family in your prayers.




4 comments:
The service was so great...tear jerker for sure but the one thing that did make it easier was knowing that she is no longer in pain and with someone I cannot wait to meet personally!!! People always say they're in a better place and at the time it's hard to really comprehend but it's so true! So many great memories and such great people! Family is SO important....Love you!
Thank you for such kind, genuine words. I'm so happy to hear about your fond memories of my mom. You are such a great friend to me Julie.
Beautifully put Julie... Thanks for the reminder, it is so true!
Praying for the Van Diest family today. Joelle is such a neat girl! She's been a sweet friend to Natasha too! What a great post.
Post a Comment