"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, July 28, 2010

4th Annual Chelan Friends Vacation

As our families grow, we had to finally make the decision this year to not get one house. 4-5 families is too many for one house. This year we split two condos up at Wapato Ridge. They were really nice, and there was a big pool too, which was actually nicer for the kids than the cold lake anyways.
We shared a condo with the Stacy's and the Pemberton's and Chase's shared the other condo. They were right next to each other so the kids basically ran in and out between the two places all week. Crew even got nicknamed the community kid because he was here and there and everywhere.
Each year us girls are trying to get the guys to realize that we are on a family vacation, not a boys weekend, full of games and late nights. Slowly we are seeing some change, or maybe they are just getting old! Us girls in between getting our kids down to naps, fed, and whatever else, find time to get all of our coffee runs, walks, and pool talk in. I love these girls so much, it is crazy that I have know them for 10 years already, and even more cool that we have stayed so close for all of these years. We missed the Kerlee family this year!!!
Always more than enough pictures on these trips, between me and my wonderful assistant Christopher, it creates hours of work when I get home to go through all of them....

Feel free to take any pictures girls! Our trip wouldn't be complete with an assortment of People and US Mags to read...Oh Kys...I love you dearly, but I am so excited for you to start sleeping through the night, you are a loud one too, my little squawker! Terrible twos? Nope just helping mom clean the bathroom....hmmm.... Loving the water with Kys Darts, one of the many games/competitions between the guys HELP!! The kids were pushing Kys around and he got left behind stuck under the car...I think this was under Chris' watch, but I am not sure :) Boys and their cars, plasma cars were a big hit Nice look Bo Bo's. Hey Brodes not every ball is a basketball....bring it back! He was a dribbling machine, weaving in and around all of the cars. My little Kendalyn Swendalyn Randi, Tony, and Luca also came up for a day to visit, and made an AMAZING dinner! Nap time, Crew was thrilled that Kendall got to lay next to him, he took good care of her and watched her very closely! Lots of wrestling, hurt feelings, toys not shared, and fighting. All things that boys bring... Jess and her boys Gavin and Wyatt One of many melt downs by the Brod man, naps were not a consistent thing on vacation...Good thing he recovers quickly! Brody kept tabs on all of his Toy Story characters, not letting them out of his sight, just a little obsessive if you ask me! But there were MORE times of all the boys playing and having fun.
Jeff and Rae visited for awhile, it was so nice seeing them!! Jax
So bummed that AGAIN this year we did not get a group and family pictures. We say we are going to do it the last night and then we are too tired and getting things packed up! NEXT YEAR!! :)
Fun vacation, although it was not what you would call the relaxing type, it took me almost 4 days to get unpacked and "recover". But today I finally feel like I am on track again.

3 comments:

michele said...

Oh my gosh. This all looked like A LOT of fun! But let me guess, you came home exhausted?! ;)

The Mulder Family said...

Looks like you had a great time...I can't wait till all our friends are married or have kids & we can do these fun trips!! Enjoy the rest of your summer & thanks for the prayers - it means a lot. Also I need to get your address to add to my adoption party list...we would love your family to come :)

Pemberton Family said...

You did a great job of taking alot of pictures. I don't even think I will get a friend Chelan post because I hardly took any!!! Oh well maybe I will steal some of yours. We had a lot of fun with you even though it was NOT relaxing:) That's life when you have little ones. Miss you!