"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Sunday, September 12, 2010

Amazing Grace and Amazing Woman

I have started spending more time at night after the kids are in bed on YouTube playing different music videos, to relax and have some quiet time. Chris Tomlin and Jeremy Camp are two of my favorite right now...Tonight I came across Chris Tomlin's "Amazing Grace"... Every time I hear this song, it can almost be instant tears. Tears of joy, tears of memories, and tears of hope.

One of the very most influential people in my life, my Grandma Pat, this was her favorite song, and it brings me back to her funeral, and they way she lived her life every time I hear it. It has been 12 1/2 years, and I still miss her so much and know how much she would enjoy her great grand kids, she was like a second mom to me. I can only hope I can touch someone's life like she did mine. I learned so much from her, in every situation, she always showed love, and always cared about everyone. She kept herself very busy, but always had time for the people she cared about. To her, there wasn't anything that couldn't be worked through, and she had such a way with people, that they still talk about her today. I am so thankful for God's promise, I keep a small Dutch couple, snow globe on my dresser....Crew gets to shake it and we talk about meeting Grandma Pat someday in Heaven.

Love this one too

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved this post Julie. Glad you are finding time to quiet your mind and your spirit at the end of your hectic days. I read this tonight, I think you did too and hit home for me. "RECEIVE MY PEACE. It is my continual gift to you. The best way receive this gift is to sit quietly in My Presence, trusting Me in every area of your life. When you trust Me in a given area, you release that problem or person into My care."

Kelli said...

:) great post...