"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lotsa Snot... & "Unplugged"

It must be the start of school because 4/5 of us are sick. I am the one to blame bringing home the germs, and it hit me first, so for the past 4 days I have been in bed early, and not feeling very good with a sore throat and head cold, yuck! Nothing like having to take care of yourself being sick, sick kids, and getting up and working through it.  I don't have enough humidifiers! I finally took a sick day yesterday, and Chris took a sick day today. Crew has managed to stay mostly snot free, and Kyler and Brody have had some temperatures along with their head colds.
Round 1, it is just the beginning of cold season, so I am hoping since we are getting it early we can stay clear for while. Although I am not counting on it!
Not a very exciting post, but we have been laying low around here.

Although it worked out to be the perfect week for the "Unplugged Challenge" I gave to my freshman.  We signed a contract to no texting, facebook, twitter, online gaming, computer use, email, etc for 3 days.  It is completely crazy how dependent this generation is with social media and networking.  Day one I thought they were going to die, a girl even told me she felt like throwing up...I got death looks from some, and most of them responded really well, and agreed that since they sleep with their phones on their pillows it might be a good choice to see what life was like without it.  Now the one's that actually completed the challenge are so proud of themselves.  It was a great experiment to try, and even for myself giving up facebook a few weeks back has really been good.  We survived...It is hard to remember what it was like before all of this, especially for 14 year olds, it is all they know...

2 comments:

The Mulder Family said...

Oh no Julie...not already - although I already had the cold two weeks ago...feel better :) On the getting rid of technology things I don't know what to say...I LOVE MY BLOG!!

The Smith Family said...

Hope your house full of sick kiddos are all feeling better soon! Kayleigh is just getting over strep throat and an ear infection. It is that time of year! I'm hoping our whole family can make it through flu season without getting sick and giving it to my mom. Flu shots all around whether they like it or not LOL!