"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Memory to Work!

Ever since Crew has been little he has always remembered EVERYTHING!  He knows who gave him what for birthday's and Christmas, and will tell me things that have happened that I completely forget about.  He knows what is coming up and what is going on next, very much in sequence...Well his new game right now that he likes is memory.  You would think he would want to start small, but he puts out 30 sets (60 total) of NBA match up cards, and it takes him no time at all to clear the game.  He beats me EVERY time, no joke, in fact that challenge is on for anyone that wants to take him in on in a game of memory!  So I thought it was just me, but he has beaten Papa and Nana too...But don't be surprised if a 4 year old beats you!

So I figure I might as well use my resources, he can remember where all the cards are in memory, he can very easily put away the dishes correctly right?  Sure can, just had to tell him ONCE where everything goes, and he sure enough he figures it out.  Better than his dad too... :)  I even caught him laying out all the tablespoons and teaspoons to find where the missing one went and put in all back in the right order!
While Crew was getting all the attention, it looks like Brodes found some M&M's!
So I am just curious if Crew can "remember" all of these things, why is it so difficult for him to remember to play nice, put his toys away, and "remember" the rules.  Hmmm.... Selective memory.  We will go with that!

4 comments:

The Van Prices said...

Putting away toys is no fun thats why! I love that he loves memory! That was my favorite game too! I'll have to take the Cruiser on for a couple rounds! :) and like I said if you ever need a babysitter ;) haha

PS I hope everyone at your household is feeling better.. I think mine might be passing THANK GOODNESS! See ya tomorrow!!! :)

Auntie Rae Rae said...

He challenged me to 2 games & I beat him one out of the 2 thankfully...he was impressed with my skills and then accused me of cheating.
Nice try on the thanksgiving announcement,one of these times we'll catch you all off guard,hehe.I dont think any of us could handle a Roberts baby right now :)

Tara Dykstra said...

Wow! Thats Awesome! Griffin loves that game too... maybe we will have to set up a memory tournament sometime *it was also my favorite game as a kid! Hope you guys had a great thanksgiving. Can't wait to get together with everyone next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Tell Crew Aunt Deuce will take him on in Memory when I get back! Looks like the boys have an amazing mother :) I love you sis