Crew is still a wild and crazy kind of kid, he doesn't just blend in with crowds, he is the one making noise, running and jumping, and being goofy. Full of energy, and since day one he has been very consistent. I originally had high hopes that he would out grow some of it, and he has to some degree, but the older he gets, I think it is so great. Just finding ways to channel it is the challenge, because through his strong emotions, energy, and passion for just life are some very great qualities that I just love about him. You notice his bright, wide open, smile from across the room. Although he can be very naughty and mischievous, he makes up for that with his loving nature.
Chris calls him a brick house because the kid is just a solid mass, and has no problem plowing his way through anything. For example, he got really excited (big surprise) about something outside and turned and ran right through the screen door. Do you think that door stopped him? Nope but his head pushed the screen door off the tracks and clear across the patio!
Oh boy is this kid sneaky! Always trying to take things and hide them, and sneak snacks without us knowing. Too many stories on this subject, alls I can do is shake my head.
Since his and Brody's birthdays are only 9 days apart we do a combined party for them. So the day of their actual birthday I try to just make it a fun day. We get balloons and blow them up and put them all over the living room so when they wake up they have the instant knowledge of "it's my birthday!", and we made cupcakes too. Crew wanted to invite Hailey and Dane over for a breakfast party, so they came over in their PJ's and we played and had a fun morning. He also picked tator tot casserole for dinner, his very very favorite!
He was quite the popular boy on this birthday! Having so many family members that love him, he was pretty lucky to be answering the phone all day with calls to wish him a happy birthday!
B is Brody! He loves B's.
He even got a few gifts early, like a new bigger bike from Papa and Nana! He is a darn good bike rider too!For preschool they had a family project "The Great American Egg Drop". Well if you know me, I am so not into little kids arts and crafts, not because I don't care about my kids, but because I am way too impatient and not creative enough. So to admit I dreaded this, I am being honest, and I can do that, so yes I was dreading this. BUT after it was all done, Crew, Chris, and I were really proud of the rocket ship design, and most importantly Crew had fun!
We took a bus out (super cool) to a girls farm that is in his class, to test to see who's eggs were going to survive the big drop! We were kind of nervous :)
Telling the class how he protected his egg.... with Teacher Melinda
But his egg SURVIVED!
He was really proud of his certificate and so were we!
So we have a 5 year old. He is growing up and with that becomes even more parenting on our part, just a different kind. He is really starting to want some freedom around the neighborhood, and is really learning to follow boundaries, and is pushing our buttons more than ever. Although he tells me the other day, "Mom, I know Kyler is your favorite..." I said why do you think that? "Well because you are always carrying him around and kissing him." Well honey you weigh 53 pounds and you are getting too big for me to carry around, but I love you more than you will ever know buddy! So Crew says, "I know, and I love you too mom!"




2 comments:
Just a brick house huh? haha My guess is there might be another word in there as well but that is totally Cruiser! My little bowling ball! 'Man everyone is calling me for my birthday geez' haha Piece of work! The egg drop looked like fun! Can't wait to celebrate all the birthdays this weekend!! Hopefully this rain can hold off! Customers told me I should be in the clear for Sunday.... Fingers crossed! :)
HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY CREW!!! Wow I cannot believe that Crew is 5 already...I remember when Chris called the bank to tell us that he was FINALLY here!!! Enjoy that little boy!!
Post a Comment