Crew finally got the memo that Mother's Day is actually a day to make mom's feel special and to listen and do nice things for a WHOLE day... :) Well to my surprise Crew thought breakfast in bed would be the perfect way to start moms day! With some help from Chris I got coffee, toast, and oatmeal. Crew was coming in out of my room during this whole process giving me the play by play, and just was all smiles and grins. And then laid in bed next to me and watched me eat my breakfast and just had his perma grin. I then was able to just chill in bed and all the boys just snuggled (aka wrestled) with me and we had some good mom/son time. I loved it! Crew has really set the bar high though, although nothing makes me more proud to see him show acts of kindness, I pray for all of my boys to have compassionate hearts and show love and kindness!
We were able to get Grandma Gloria for the evening, although things seem to be getting harder for her to make visits, these times we share are very special!3 generations of MOMS!
We had delicious brunch at my mom's house in the morning...I should have taken some pictures of the mom's but I didn't. Jeff and Rae came from Yakima, we missed them at Easter, so it was about time we got to hang out. Grandma 'Biv' came for brunch too, and the fact that Chris had the day off and I could just kick back a little made it actually seem like Mother's Day!
Mother's Day is pretty dang special!!!
I've carried a child within my body. Slept with a baby on my chest. I've kissed boo boos & mended broken hearts. I've been puked on, peed on, pooped on & spent sleepless nights in the rocking chair, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My body isn't magazine perfect, but when I look in the mirror I see a MOM & there is no greater honor or blessing!!
Thanks Crew, Brody, and Kyler for defining what true love is to me!









1 comment:
I just love that picture of Grandma and the boys! I also love how the first thing Crew said to me was Happy Mother's Day you're a mom to baby Kade! haha He is growing up so fast and then there's Brodes "Happy Birthday!" haha At least he got it was a special day :) Growing healthy crazy families are something to be so thankful for! We love you guys!
Post a Comment