"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Monday, September 19, 2011

Big 30, Surprise....!

On Friday at 1:30, Chris sends me a text..."Did you pack your bags?"  Confused I responded, yeah that was me that folded all those baskets of clothes... Chris, "Did you pack something nice?"  So now I was getting frustrated because he wasn't responding back...Long story short after calling him, and a bunch of my friends non stop with no answers... I finally found out where I was going and who with around 3:30 when Courtney came by to pick me up.  Chris, Courtney, Care, and Tracey planned a little surprise 30th girls weekend in Bellevue.  Wow.  Never in my life did I think someone could actually surprise me, and make me feel so special!  Until now turning 30 just didn't settle right with me, but I could be more happy about how lucky I am to turn 30, and the friends and family that I get to share it with!

We missed a few of you :(, with the craziness of schedules I felt so honored to have some of my very closest girls together from grade school-college-and counting...  We figured we had 18 kids at homes with their dads between all of us.  After I finally let go of the anxiety I was feeling of not knowing what was going on, I relaxed and had just a fabulous weekend with group of the most caring, fun loving girls I could ask for.  These girls are family to me, and even though I don't get to see a lot of them often it meant the world to me to see them this weekend!  We stayed at Tracey's house which was nice to be at a house, we relaxed, played games, ATE, sat in the hot tub, and stayed up until 1:00 am two nights in a row!  It's been awhile... of course the mom's in us were still up at 7:00 am!  So we were tired girls come Sunday morning... :)
 Pedicures...shopping...coffee....girl time...what a day!
Yummy cupcakes!  A mini sample, and a dozen for later, I think I need to cleanse after this weekend!
Happy birthday to you too Randi!
Tracey, Randi, Care (Case), Court, Sarah, me, and Stacey
Lindsay and Tory (Aiden)
The Melting Pot...yummo!  4 course dinner, starting with 3 cheese pots and all the bread, apples, and veggies to dip, then comes salad, and next the meat, and FINALLY the DESSERT...4 hours of dinner with lots of laughs, and fun memories!
Care and sweet little Case, it was so great to get some time with these two!
CHOCOLATE.....need I say more?
Cheers to our next 30 years!
The latest in nails, the crackled effect...of course we went with dark purple (my fav) and silver....
Twinsies.  We love our Lulu, it was one of our stops...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to my dear friends who made it, and those who couldn't, who have all played such a big part in my life.  I love you all, and look forward to many more memories together.  I may be a little biased but I have the BEST friends a girl could ask for!  Thank you to my Huzz, Chris who helped my friends plan something so special, love you!

"Friends are family you choose for yourself"

"A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world." ~Lois Wyse

"Faithful friends are a sturdy shelter: whoever finds one has found a treasure. Faithful friends are beyond price; no amount can balance their worth."

No comments: