"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mom's On Break

Man I feel like I am finally getting caught up, but as soon as I feel that way more things come up, so then again I am finally just getting around to the blog again, and taking pictures.   I honestly did not pick up my camera for over a week, and still have barely used it, which is really rare for me, I just wanted nothing to do with it...When taking pictures seems like a "have to" or "work" I can get in these funks, and I want to just stop blogging all together, but then I look back and think of everything my kids will have some day (whether they think it is that cool or not) and then I get motivated and try to make it fun and not work.  I think every year after the holidays I get like this, so many things going on and feeling like I need to capture all the moments, and then I have way too many pictures and I my brain is too tired to even write, or I just don't want to do one more thing.  So here I am... back again... Hopefully with some more updates on the kids soon, because they don't stop... :)

Over break we did have a good balance of being busy and have some down time.  My friend Tracey was off that same week and decided to come up with her two kids for a couple days since our husbands were working and the kids hadn't seen each other for a long time, it was a great excuse to get some quality girl time in. Chris was on nights so we got babysitters one night and her, Court, and I went out to Nami (first time for me) and also just spent a lot of time between my house and Court's letting the kids play and us girls talk.  Having some of my very best friends not live around here, I really treasure these visits and so glad it worked out!
Kyler 2, Kendall 22 months, Rilyn 3, Brody 3 1/2, Crew 5 1/2, and Jaymin 5
Add a couple more kids and it's a party!
Miss Rilyn and sweet Kendallitta, they kind of look a like don't they?
Love this smile
Crew & Jaymin, they got a long so GREAT!  Different story when they were 2 and 3 these two had some good battles back in the day :)
Ipad is always a hit



It was good to get together with the Turrell's too, to watch some football, and so Stace and I could get a run in...Darn long runs! Is this training over yet?  I can do this, I will do this!
Crew and Cole man, the kids are finally getting to the age where they can actually play without fighting every other minute about something.
Tay feel asleep on Chris--so sweet

I do enjoy my "breaks" from work, makes me appreciate the balance that I get at home and I know I will love this schedule even more when my kids are all in school. But there are times where I wish I could be home more, but for now this just seems to work the best.  I think Chris appreciated that the laundry was caught up, house was clean, and more meals were made... Don't get too use to that, ha! :) Back to school and onto the next thing soon with the change in semesters and some new classes!

No comments: