"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Tuesday, May 29, 2012

1+1+1+one more=4!

Yes it is true, we lost any sanity we had left and decided to jump off the edge, and have baby number FOUR!  I would say that before making this decision we knew our plates were pretty full, so coming to the final decision wasn't easy.  Glad we trust in God, and know his plan is perfect!  In fact, I thought people were crazy for having 4, especially when I only had two, and before our "Kyler" came along.  But the more I got into this mom thing, and raising a family, I could see why people have 4 kids...  I LOVE LOVE LOVE big families, and I enjoyed growing up with lots of cousins and being around big family get togethers.  The greatest gift I could give my kids is a sibling and the life lessons that come along with larger families.  I am all about working hard and seeing the benefits of that later.  Yes my life may be crazy, unpredictable, and I may spend days of my life at 4 kids sports and activities schedules, classrooms, and all the expenses, but I wouldn't trade that for the world!  We knew in our hearts that we could love and support another child and so when people look at me like I have 4 eyes, I just smile, because we couldn't be happier to take on this adventure. 

For awhile I thought well maybe I just have this on my heart because I don't have a girl...(everyone asks, I bet you want a girl, huh?) but the more we prayed about it, and the longer and stronger the feeling got over time, I knew it was much more than that.  Boy or girl, this is truly a blessing to our family, and I know for a fact that this would not have happened if this wasn't mean to be.  We can't wait to see what God has designed for our family!
This picture cracks me up, we were out to dinner for our 8 year anniversary, and Chris was being a dork and wanted to take a picture of me.  He asked me "what do you want for our anniversary" and I held up 4 fingers hoping that someday it might be the answer---little did I know a few days later I found out we were pregnant!  A fun memory to have, so I sent this picture to some of our close friends and family early on to share our news!
9 week ultrasound.  C-section will be around December 10.  Isn't he/she cute?  :)  I put up a voting poll on the right side of my blog if want to vote on it will be boy (duh!!) and a huge surprise and it will be a girl....  We find out in July!  We plan on bringing both Crew and Brody along too since this will be the LAST one, tubes tied during the c-section.

The boys are ESTATIC!  Many months before we even told them about the baby, Brody and Crew would ask all the time if they could have a baby, and ask me if I would ever have a baby in my tummy again. 

Crew:  He wants a BOY.  "Mom we only have boys in this family"  His name is Lynden Lion, because we are the lions!  But if we did have a girl, he thinks Kaitlyn would be a nice name, not sure where he got that.  He also says he doesn't want a girl because he doesn't want to watch any of the ballet stuff that girls do.  He is very interested in looking at the pictures I have on my iPhone app that shows the weekly development of the baby, and is always asking a size update.  He is going to be a big helper!

Brody:  He wants a GIRL!  He would like to name his sister Lollipop, so we can lick her...hmmm... But he says, "mom we just need a girl, don't you think??"  So cute BoBo's!  It seems like lately you can notice my stomach more and more and he just looks at me and then just smiles and says "mom, I can see my baby!"... Brody will honestly be probably the best helper, he already grabs diapers and wipes and things for Kyler if I ask him, and will be so into holding and spending time with the baby. 

Kyler:  "Does mom have a baby in her tummy?"  NO!!!  No baby!  *You get the picture, this is going to be life changing for little Kykys!  For the better, I really felt that he could benefit from having a younger sibling and that by him being the "baby" probably wouldn't be the best... :)

So please keep our family in your prayers during these upcoming months.  We are praying for a HEATHLY and HAPPY baby!  I have been feeling okay, just about out of the first trimester which will be nice to get my energy back, and start to feel better!  Looking forward to that! 

5 comments:

The Mulder Family said...

CONGRATS Chris & Julie...I am SO EXCITED for you both!! Cannot wait to see what God has in store for your family...I really think 4 boys would be SO FUN!!!

Missionary Mommy said...

We are due around the same time again :)

michele said...

A December baby will be really fun! Oh a girl would be so great, but I so agree with you... what God has planned is just perfect. God knows. Big families are a JOY!

Home with the Hodgins' said...

So happy for you guys Julie! I think it is such a blessing and so cool that you trusted God's plan. Big families are the way to go! You are not crazy :)

The Van Prices said...

Well you know how fricken excited I am about this and I'm totally with Brodes only because my girl needs a girl! ;)We'll take another healthy baby boy nephew though if we have to ;) Love you guys!