We're thrilled to know that we'll have our 4th sweet bundle of frogs and snails and puppy-dog tails! Can you believe it, really what are the odds! Pretty cool and unique and a lot of trouble if you ask me!! :) Now that the initial shock (I called it, but you never know for sure until it's official) is over and my life as a mom with 4 boys has sunk in, I can't stop smiling and shaking my head. This is no mistake that God gave us this combination, and I can't wait to see how His perfect plan is going to shape our family. Sure there were some moments, like right when we clearly SAW within seconds that it was a boy that 'everything stopped', but it was quick, and to learn that we have a super healthy baby boy on the way, and 3 very excited older brothers was enough to put everything into perspective.
The hardest part for me is what I originally worried about when even having number 4, and that was other's reactions to not being equally excited for another boy. Because most people see a "complete" family has both genders, so they assume that without both this was a disappointment. I know people don't mean to act that way, but that is the part that sucks, because just as crazy, happy, and excited we were to be blessed with our first boy, this special baby is no different. So yes we are EXCITED, HAPPY, and haven't skipped a beat! YAY for healthy boys!!!
Oh my goodness the boys were hilarious in the ultrasound, just Crew and Brody went. They love the Star Wars movie, Ewoks Battle of Endor, and Syndal is the girl character, and Wickit is their favorite Ewok. So for the past couple weeks it was going to be Syndal or Wickit. Brody was still on wanting a girl, and Crew a boy, so they were chanting out their names the whole way into Bellingham. When they knew it was a "Wickit" Brody was totally happy, and even though Crew was pulling for a boy he decided he wanted to change his mind. "Mom, I decided that maybe we should have a girl instead... there are enough boys in this family and I don't want you to be the only girl!" My heart was sad for a second, and then I said, you know buddy I have 4 awesome boys that will be kind enough to their mom to marry 4 amazing daughter in laws and that will be so much fun! And you may have a girl someday Crew, what do you think about that? "Mom I am not having a girl, no way! Girls have babies, not boys..." Now he can't stop talking about his baby brother!
So for now the baby is Wickit (cute isn't it?), and I am trying to relay to the boys that is okay to call him that now, but we really need to find him a name we can call him when he is out of mommy's tummy. So next step on our list is a name, the hard part, especially to fit with Crew, Brody, Kyler....hmmm if you have any suggestions let me know! I can now officially start planning for HIM and am starting to find how much stuff we actually need, it is almost like starting over after the boys being so hard on all the gear, and Crew will be 6.5 when he gets here so a lot my baby stuff has seen better days. Let the fun and shopping again begin! Wait it already has, Wickit needed some new outfits too!
Our family is COMPLETE with 4 boys and we can't even to begin to imagine what our family is in for! We are unique, full of energy, and loving life! Please keep us in your prayers as we are hoping for a healthy and HAPPY baby to get lots of snuggles and sleep with... ha!





4 comments:
So HAPPY for you guys! I think the birth of every baby is AMAZING, whether it be the same sex of ones you already have or not. Sure when we have one sex we all naturally desire to have the other {people either admit that or not} but it doesn't make the LOVE we have for our child any less. Did I want a girl with Slade??? Sure did, but I wouldn't trade him for the world and I wasn't sad when they said "It's a BOY" I was overfilled with JOY just to have a baby! I think there is something so damn cute about a mama and ALL her boys just like I think there is something so cute about a dad and ALL his girls.:) I'm sure you will come up with the PERFECT name for the little guy...I would suggest some but I got some names that are "out there" according to my husband. HaHa
Julie, what a great post. I'm so happy for you and the new addition to your family! I love how excited you are for another boy and the fact that you know this is God's plan for you...what a lucky baby boy #4 you have!! :) As the youngest of 5 kids, I had times of feeling like as the 4th girl, I wasn't very exciting anymore. It's good to see that you are just as excited as baby boy #4 as you were about baby boy #1...it's important he always know that you feel that way! Love you, hon! Xoxoxo
Well you know we couldn't be more happy to add another Price boy the the family! Sometimes it's just hard to believe that the twins are here and that your 4th will be here! It's been the 4 boys for so long and thats been crazy and so much fun as it is! More the merrier ;) CANT wait to make so many awesome memories as a family with all these adorable rugrats! Love you guys! :)Healthy babies is what we want -- God is SO good :)
4 boys is very exciting! God has a plan for each one of our families, just the right number of kids and boys and girls. It is funny how opinionated people are, in my case it's about how far apart my kids are. Grrr. You will be a great mommy to 4 boys!
Post a Comment