Tomorrow is the day we find out if I will be completely out numbered or not! :)
Since the day we announced we were pregnant with number 4, the guesses began, and it seems like everyone is very open about wanting us to have a girl. Which I know is part of the pregnancy thing, I am the queen of guessing and giving my opinions, and wanting to know what others are having (I love everything about people having babies!)... But I NEVER wanted this pregnancy, our forth child, to feel like they were decided on because we wanted to see if we could get "our girl". I know people don't mean to put pressure on it, because I can totally see how awesome it is for people to experience raising both boys and girls, and they in return just want us to have and experience the same joys that they do, because that's what they know and were given. Complete strangers have their comments and best wishes, and I know its only natural to tell a mom with 3 boys that you hope she gets "her girl"... But from the years before we even knew we would have four, I knew deep down in my heart that God was going to bless us with four boys, or all boys for that matter.
God has been preparing my heart for some time on this, and it seems so ironic how many boy moms I have come across in the last 4 months, it is pretty interesting to see how many families whether its 2-4 kids are all the same gender. How cool and unique is 4 boys really? I know there has got to be a club out there somewhere! :) My dreams are all very real of this being a boy, and God has really given me a calming peace about being a mom with all boys. And most of all being okay with not experiencing the girl thing, and the different experiences that come from that. Sometimes I get hung up on and a little emotional on how much a daugther would change Chris' world, and for the boys to have a little sister to protect, and learn how to treat properly.... But then I step back and get real, there is a BIGGER picture in this life, and getting past those little emotional things about a girl has really helped me just feel very content and excited for this sweet little baby that is growing inside of me.
“In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.” (Proverbs 16:9)
On so many different levels in life we will never know "why" here on Earth, (I mean how many Price boys do we really need, ha!) But in all seriousness I just feel so very special that God has chosen me to have another baby, and what His plan is for this baby. After all, we may think we know what is best for us, or our family, but God's plan is PERFECT. I know I am talking like I know it's a boy (yes I am that confident) and I am so excited to have that official confirmation tomorrow and be able to say "4 BOYS!!!!!". My prayer this pregnancy has been all along, for a healthy and happy baby, and I would love to be able to fully enjoy our last baby, and be able to take it all in. For some reason the only memory I have of being a mom to a newborn was survival mode with a screaming baby... :)
For those of your still holding your breath for a girl--I will be shocked!! Please pray for a healthy baby in that ultrasound tomorrow!
I'm back!
1 month ago




2 comments:
Thank you for posting Julie! I love it! It reminds me to be so thankful for each child you are given and that each child is a gift from God. It's been hard here in Honduras because they are so hung up on having one of each sex. And they think it's sad when you have the same sex! So when they found out I was having another boy, they were sad for me and asked, "What are you going to do now?" I just answered, "It's okay, it's great! Each child is a gift from God." So blessings to you on your gift, whether it's a boy or a girl :)
Four boys would be SO MUCH FUN!! Whatever it is God has blessed you and praying for a healthy baby!! Cannot wait to hear the name too :)
Post a Comment