So the last 4-5 days have not been fun. Basically I have not stopped contracting for the past two weeks, the contractions just very in strength and consistency. I guess I forget what it is like to not be contracting and for my body to be relaxed, it is really hard to sleep and stay comfortable. Even just sitting here at the computer my stomach is a big knot, and so tight with small shooting pains running up. I have to take at least 1-2 baths a day, and Chris has had to give me quite a few massages to relax my body enough to fall asleep.
Let me back track to when all of this bed rest began....Before Wednesday I was able to get through the day at work with restrictions and be "okay" just really uncomfortbale. I would then come home at 3:00 and basically not be able to walk or do anything without a ton of pain and discomfort. So that led me to another doctor's appointment on Thursday. They ran some more tests, another swab test (negative, which is good) and they found that my cervix was still the same as 10 days ago, another good sign. The problem was that my contractions were/are so strong that it is extremely painful and hard to do anything. Plus my doctor wanted to get them stopped and controlled with a new medication since my other one was not working. She also knew if they could not get them stopped they would continue to get worse and worse, which I was thinking "is that possible"?
So my doctor sent me off to Labor and Delivery again. I am begining to really hate that place, they ran more tests, and blew out another vein trying to get another IV in. My hands look as if I were a drug addict with all the bruises! They tried more pill form meds, but I was still contracting way too much, so they had to give me another shot which slowed things down considerably. They have me on Terbutaline now, 2 pills ever 4 hours, which really only controls some of the pain. Even now (Saturday) 2 days being on pill on being home not doing much I am still very uncomfortbale. I am not allowed to miss dosages, and I am suppose to take this bedrest deal seriously, which means that I can't be home alone with Crew. Can't lift him or anything else more than 5 pounds, and need to try to get my body out of this rythym.
My next doctor's appointment isn't until Thursday, so I have to wait until then before they will make a decision if I can go back to work yet. It is very frustrating because we can't really afford for me to miss this much work, I only had enough days to take once the baby was born, everything else is paid out of pocket.
So all in all, I am trying to stay positive, take it easy, and focus on the end result. The baby looks wonderful, very active and healthy, so that is great news. The hard part is that my doctor can not guarentee or predict anything forsure. Most likely I will have to deal with this pain and contracting until the baby is born, and the goal is to make sure that that doesn't happen anytime soon. I might just continue to contract and it may never change my cervix, just make me miserable. I have what is called an overactive uterus. Most people experience labor for 1-4 days, I might be lucky enough to experience it for 3 months. This is way worse than with Crew, which makes me wonder if this might be the last??? :) I hope things get better!!!
So sorry if I haven't returned calls or updated sooner, I really shouldn't even be on the computer because I am not suppose to climb stairs, so I will update again when things change.
Love ya all!
I'm back!
1 month ago




1 comment:
Oh Hulie! I am thinking about you and praying for you! I know you must be so uncomfortable and in a lot of pain. But you are one tough girl and if anyone can handle it, you can! I know it must be really hard to not be able to play with Crew as well. Keep trying to stay positive and I will continue to pray for your health and the baby's! Kudos to Chris for giving you massages :)
Love and miss you lots!
Randi
Post a Comment