"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, March 5, 2008

CONTRACTIONS!!! Update...

So a little bit of a CRAZY week so far, and it is only half way over. On Sunday I was having more contractions (braxton hicks) than normal. With both pregnancies I have had a ton of Braxton hicks contractions and my doctor just says I have an overactive uterus. If you remember with Crew I went into preterm labor at 33 weeks, and continued to have labor contractions until the day I had him.

Back to my Sunday, I was starting to have a lot of discomfort and pain with my braxton hicks, so I tried to just write it off as, well this happened last pregnancy I am sure it will pass. Monday I came to school, and couldn't even walk without contracting or cramping so I called my doctor and they wanted to me to come in.

So I drive myself into Labor and Delivery (Chris met me in there later). They hook me up to the contraction monitor, and they could tell right away that I was having real labor contractions consistently at every 4-5 minutes. They have this new swab test now they can swab your cervix with to test if you are going to deliver in the next 2 weeks. They did that test, and also checked my cervix. I was not quite one centimeter but I was 50% effaced, and the baby was already at a -1, which meant the baby was low. Not great news yet. With Crew I didn't start effacing until the last week of my pregnancy, and my cervix was never that short, and he also never dropped that low. Hmmm. My mind is going crazy, thinking of what the heck is going on.

Because they couldn't get the contractions to stop on their own, they gave me a shot which finally gave me some relief. They wanted to give me an IV as well, well that didn't go so smooth. The nurse blew out two vains in both of my hands and couldn't get it to stay. If you know how I deal with needles you can only imagine. So I am left with two huge bruises on the tops of my hands, and in some pain.

In the mean time my swab test came back negative which was good, which means if I do the right things hopefully these contractions won't turn into labor. So the shot was starting to work, my contractions became not as consistent and less intense. Thank God! They sent me home with strict instructions (7 hours later), and I am not really suppose to be at work. I did not go to work on Tuesday, but I am here today, making sure that I just sit and teach from my desk.

Tomorrow I go back to the doctor to see how things are going and to check on some things. They will determine if things are changing and what my limitations are going to be until I get out of this scary zone. Chris has really had to step up because of course lifting Crew or chasing after him causes me to contract. Just about anything does, so I have to be careful.

Theses contractions could also just be something that I have to deal with for the rest of pregnancy, which would not be fun. Hopefully these contractions don't continue to change my cervix, and cause labor to begin. Please keep us in your prayers especially over these next crucial weeks. I don't do well, doing nothing!!!

5 comments:

Life in the Kerlee Household said...

Wow Julie. You better listen to the doctors and take it easy and lay low! 28 weeks was my first goal as statistics are much higher on everything but 34 wks was my 'realistic' goal. Didn't quite get there but look how awesome Jaymin is now! God has a reason for everyone and everything. I have a good feeling that you will make it to 34 weeks +. You are a strong girl. Love ya and let me know if you need ANYTHING! Keep us updated otherwise I'll be calling you and bugging you about it. = ) Love ya Tracey

The Chases said...

OH MY GOD! I am praying for you and your little one every day. Thanks for giving such a detailed upate. If this weekend is too much just let us know. We aren't going anywhere and can come visit you in the next couple of months. Remember to take care of YOU first. Eat well, REST as much as possible...people will understand!! We love you and keep the updates coming.

Pemberton Family said...

Hi Jules,
Thanks for keeping us updated. I was glad I got to talk to you today, hearing your voice just made me feel better. God is good and he will protect and watch over you and your little one. Take it easy. Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, I'm praying that your contractions will let up and that you can keep little baby #2 tucked safely away in your tummy for a while longer. Thanks for the update. I think about all my friends and their little ones everyday, hoping they are safe, happy and healthy. I know you hate doing nothing, but listen to those doctors and get all the rest you need. You will have plenty of time to be active when you are chasing two little ones around. Love and miss you lots!
Randi

Pemberton Family said...

You need to keep us all updated on what is going on!! It was good to talk to you tonight, I hope you are doing all right. I miss you, call me if you need someone to talk to!
Love,
Care