"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Setting the Tone!

Kyler is really making himself known, and has been very vocal about it! Unfortunately his fussiness has gotten worse, and is having a hard time settling down in between feedings. It is very rare to have him sleeping not in my arms. Good thing Chris is home right now, but he goes back to work on Thursday. At night he can be up for hours, the longest is 5 hours straight where he can only be settled for short periods before he starts the process all over. He typically will eat and then cry, fuss, be gassy, and scream for 1-2 hours after each feeding. We have already gone through one whole bottle of gripe water and use a ton of gas drops just to calm him down.

So this being my 3rd baby, I thought maybe I might get an easy going baby.... Nope! Way more demanding that my other two! I feel so bad for him, I just wish that I could help him. I have been on the phone between the lactation consultant and pediatrician nurse to try to find a solution, everything we have tried up to this point has not worked. I have pumped, bottled fed, breastfed, mixed it up, watched what I ate, etc... So they wanted to see him today at the doctors to see if there was something they were missing. He checked out great, gaining weight, everything looks perfect. The doctor was very amazed at how loud he screams, and was shocked to find out that is "normal" for him. She also observed him eating and found out how gassy and uncomfortable he is during and after feeds. She is also my other boys' doctor and just doesn't think it is fair that I am having to deal with this, especially after Brody, "those Price boys," she says!

So.... She thinks it is too early for colic, but thinks the baby might have a milk allergy. So I have to completely cut out dairy out of my diet (which is going to be super hard for me) and see if that makes a difference. She also wants to keep him upright and well burped as much as possible, and to make sure I rotate in some daytime tummy sleeping if that helps him stay asleep. If those things don't help, we may have to put him on a special formula, which I pray does not happen. I want to be able to nurse him to keep him in good health throughout this nasty flu season.

So as you can see I have been very busy with this little guy, and have not taken or put up as many pictures as I would like because he is always in my arms... Please pray that he can get over this "issue" and that we can find a way to make him not gassy and fussy.

More pictures coming soon!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Sorry Jules....Is the new bottle doing any better? Sorry I couldn't get out of work sooner for ya but I'm sure you liked getting out of the house! :) I'm thinking about you guys!

The Jernigan Family said...

oy, I am sorry, I bet you are exhausted. I have heard from alot of people that cutting the dairy really helped, so hopefully that will be the case. We use to put the vibrating bouncy seat in our bed between us so we could sleep and she would sleep for a bit. How are the other boys doing to this new addition? Well, I am praying for ya!

The Mulder Family said...

Hang in their Julie & Chris too... let me know if you need anything...I can always bring food if that helps (no dairy)..Prayers!!

Pemberton Family said...

Tough Jules. I know its not easy right now but try and enjoy the good moments when he is happy even more. He will not be little like this for very long. Praying he starts to feel better and that cutting out the dairy will do the trick! Miss you.