You might be wondering why I have time to actually SIT here and write this, well we got this amazing swing from a friend that has a cradle base and rocks both ways front to back, and
side to side. After finally getting him calm, we swaddle him extremely tight, and crank up the swing. It works occasionally and I might catch 20-30 minutes on a good day. It is the little things!
So this all started with me trying to cut out dairy, after 4 days that made NO improvement, things were continuing to get worse and he would scream all day/night and while he ate because he was in so much pain. So we gave him Zantac for an acid reflux possibility, and went on soy. For about 24 hours or less I saw some improvement. Then it started getting worse again, so 5 days later were back at the doctor and they gave us a new kind of formula that is not milk or soy based because they think that might help. It stinks and it is expensive, but I am willing to try anything. They also upped the dose on the Zantac. That was last night, so I am hoping over the next couple days we might see some more "down" time. They said there is no cure to colic, some people get relief from gripe water (already gone through 3 bottles) gas drops (a ton of those too) or not nursing anymore and going to soy. But Kyler (must be a Price) has not been able to get any relief to those remedies. Or the other many things we have tried and researched! Prayer is really our only answer for our sweet little dude.
So I swear I have reached so many breaking points, where I honestly thought this was the worse thing ever (very sleep deprived at that point) to have an inconsolable baby. But I know God has given me strength to get through this no matter if it does take many months like it could. Yesterday Kyler went 8 hours without eating because every time he tried he would cry and cry because it hurt him so much, it just breaks my heart. So we are trying to win the small battles right now, and take one hour, one feed, and one nap (hopefully) at a time! Thank goodness for family and friends, you guys have been amazing!
Through all of this I have learned many things! I love my baby boy so much and not matter how long the days and nights seem at some points, I would do anything for him. I know there are much worse things in the world, and being able to overcome these small obstacles (it will get better) in life only makes us stronger people.
Through all of this I have learned many things! I love my baby boy so much and not matter how long the days and nights seem at some points, I would do anything for him. I know there are much worse things in the world, and being able to overcome these small obstacles (it will get better) in life only makes us stronger people.
Hopefully my next post with be with improvements!!!




1 comment:
Jules, my heart goes out to you! I wish I could come and help you and at least give you a two hour nap! I am so sorry about poor little Kyler's colic. That is not fair. But it will be over soon. Oh and we got a swing from one of our friends and that nearly saved my life as well. I am praying for Kyler (and you in particular) that you'll get some much needed strenght and SLEEP! Love you! You are a great mommy!
Post a Comment