"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Friday, November 27, 2009

Many Thanks!

During this time of year it is nice to reflect on all of the things we are thankful for. Too often we focus on the small bumps in the road that take up more time than the more important things that we should be focused on. I really try take the time and try to appreciate the many wonderful things God has given us and for that I am thankful for so many things!

#1: Thankful for my relationship with God. It is truly amazing the things he has done in my life and the challenges he has presented me with. Without my faith and growth in Him I don't know how I would get through some of the hard times and really enjoy the good times!

#2: My husband. Having three young boys isn't always easy! Trying to find time for just the two of us is rare in this loud chaotic house, but I love him more now than ever. Not only does he do housework and is more anal about always having everything cleaned than I am, but he also changes diapers, and helps with the all kid stuff too. I am also thankful for his good job and how hard he works to provide for us so I can stay home this year from work. Love him!

#3: My three boys! Wow they are something else, and keep me going, going, going. It is really no surprise that I ended up with three boys, it is so much fun, and I love spending time with them, and doing all of the things they love to do. If I could have one wish for my boys it would be to have a relationship with Jesus (okay more than one) and to have a caring and forgiving heart. I take a lot of personal responsibility in raising these boys to be nice, respectful young men, and I can only hope and pray that they will someday be able to treat people better than themselves and be "good" people.

#4: My families: We are so lucky to have most of our family so close, and involved in our daily lives! This year it was sad (but happy for them) to see Jeff and Rachel move to Yakima to start their new restaurant, and Jessi is off at New Mexico State. So this Thanksgiving on my side is a little lonely! Our parents/siblings/grandparents have proven time and time again how supportive they are and they are always there to help with anything. We love them so much! We are so thankful that they so involved with our kids and would do anything for them, our boys are so spoiled!

#5: My friends: God has put some pretty amazing people in my life, and I really cherish my friendships, new and old. My friends have always been a huge priority and very important to me. I am pretty biased, but I have the best friends ever, so thankful.

#6: Forgiveness. I am far from perfect and make plenty of mistakes. I am so thankful to be forgiven and to start each day on a clean slate.

#7: Good health and praying to keep our family healthy!

Gobble gobble! Kyler did really well at the Price family Thanksgiving, and okay at my grandma's too. Small improvements!
Screaming baby, one kid ran into the bedroom, one kid in the kitchen drawers... Gotta pick your battles, and sometimes just LAUGH :)
Go Cougs/Dawgs? Getting ready for the Apple Cup....
Enjoying some time outside on this clear day, it has been so rainy out so it was nice for the boys to get bundled and get some fresh air.
I do have to share something that Crew said: Crew told me last night "Mom, Jesus is not just in the sky, (he then lifted up his shirt) he is in my heart." I will never forget that moment it was so precious. So blessed.

2 comments:

Pemberton Family said...

You have so much to be thankful for and I love that even though you are going through such a challenging time right now you still have been able to stay so positive and focus on the wonderful things in your life. Love talking to you almost daily, don't know what I would ever do without you Jules!! Love you!

Joelle said...

What a great post! I think it's just the best listening to the kids talk about Jesus. How sweet of Crew.
Joelle