"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Monday, November 23, 2009

It's Worth a Try!

Today I took Kyler to a chiropractor in town, I have had a few people recommend this, and at this point I am willing to try just about anything to make him more comfortable. The appointment went well and the doctor thinks that after 3 visits this week we should be able to tell if the treatment will work or not. No guarantees (obliviously!).
Ups and downs, ups and downs pretty much sums up our days and nights here. Although I am prepared for these times, it isn't always easy. My hardest thing right now is not just the fussiness and lack of sleep, but the not eating part. Today Kyler ate a good feed at 4 am, but has only had a total of 4-5 ounces since then (3:00 now). I keep having nightmares about having to have him on a feeding tube, because as of right now he is not meeting his minimum ounce requirements consistently. The first part of today has not been good, and he has not settled since his 4 am feed for very long, it is these days when I am home with all three boys, and Kyler is so needy that I lose my patience way too quickly. I am so humbled these days!
He is smiling, so I say! I can get him going, and he makes some very strong attempts at giving me just want I need a smile. It just melts my heart!
My little Seahawk. Love my little man!
Tomorrow we are back down at Children's for a follow up appointment, to check weight, and hopefully not have to do anything else but just weather the storm until it is over. I really wish they had an answer to this not eating stuff though, since they were so sure the Elecare and Prevacid would help that since the not eating is not a 100% colic issue. I know I don't want the answer to be feeding tube, please pray for Kyler to eat and no tubes!!!

1 comment:

The Jernigan Family said...

I am sure you have tried this, but one thing when Sage was having feeding issues was switching bottles...the Advent bottles would cause her to get huge gas bubbles in her tummy that they saw when they xrayed her...when we switched to Dr. Brown we had no problems. Keeping our fingers crossed for your appointment tomorrow..ask them about the Human Milk Fortifier powder...not sure if it would apply here but because Sage was so small when she was born we put it in her bottle so she would bulk up.