He was in his PJ's when I left...but thanks to Photoshop (very quick attempt) I could place Crew and I in the same back to school picture I was hoping for :)Ky is SO close to walking...stands up in the middle of the room on his own and was so excited to see me when I got home yesterday he even took 2 steps!
One of the things I am looking forward to now that I am back at work is that Chris has the opportunity to have his kids all day by himself a couple days a week. Not that he hasn't taken responsibility in the past, but lets just say a full 8 hours with all three of them is new. Both mornings I rushed out of the house and at least 2 of the kids were either crying or asking for something as he was running around trying to get everyone breakfast. Let me tell you, it felt real great to say "I love you guys, see you LATER!" Ha. It will be great for us to share these duties more now that we are both full time. We have already talked many times on being more efficient and time management. Are we running a business?
Only 4 days have gone by and I already appreciate those whinny, beautiful, dirty, loving faces of theirs so much more as I come in the door at 3:00. Now it is a whole other battle with trying to not only make up for that precious time I missed with them all day, but to find a chance to walk in the door, breathe, and make sure things are clean, and dinner is made? Being home was busy, very busy, but some days it seemed more mentally draining than anything. Now my days are still very busy, but different kinds of busy all in one. I honestly, wholeheartedly, am embracing this challenge. Even if our first home football game is this Friday so I will basically be up at the school from 7 am-10 pm. I have great classes and I am already enjoying my students and have a feeling this semester is going to fly by!
Bedtime for me is now before 9, kids' schedules are now starting to sink in, and a new routine is in full force. Crew did great on his first day of preschool yesterday. I missed taking him and picking him up, but boy did I get the earful of all the fun stuff he did. Nothing makes me more happy than having the chance to hear him talk about his day, this kid can be such a kick in the pants. Today when I got home to told me that Shelbie (one of his babysitters) was his girlfriend, but only when she lets him do what he wants. Then he asked me if he could go hang with his friends across the street....
Brody and Kyler seem to be adapting pretty well, both have been fussier and more clingy but I kind of expected that. The main thing for me is that I just need to reprioritze, try to simplify in this crazy schedule. Be more organzied, but not run myself ragged, and miss the true meaning of what God is calling me to do. I have already made some changes to "declutter" and really want to focus on the things that are most important. A teammwork approach with Chris and I, and a lot of faith, we will not only "get through" this time, but really learn a lot, and become a stronger family in the end.
Here is something I read today out of Jesus Calling, it really seemed fitting:
"Living in dependence of Me is a glorious adventure. Most people scurry aournd with their noses to the ground, trying to accomplish things through their own strength and ability. Some succeed enormously; and others fail miserably. But both groups miss what life is meant to be: living and working in collaboration with Me.
When you depend on Me cointinually, your whole perspective changes. You see miracles happening all around, while others see only natural occurences and "coincidences." You begin each day with joyful expectation, watching to see what I will do. You accept weakness as a gift from Me, knowing that My power plugs in most readily to consecrated weakness. You keep your plans tentative, knowing that My plans are far superior. You consciously live, move, and have being in Me, desiring that I live in you. I in you, and you in Me. This is the intimate adventure I offer you."
Tomorrow's already Friday! Woohoo! 3 days off and Chris has it off to, ready for some Lion's and Husky football!




6 comments:
sounds like things are extra busy at your house! You are supermom Julie! Crew looks very excited for school :) he's got such a great smile.
WOW - I can't even keep up just reading that...sounds like you guys are going to have a great year though...I am so excited it's finally time for FOOTBALL!! We are heading to the Huskies game nextweek 40 yrd line, 6 rows up - GO DAWGS!!
I love that you photoshopped yours and Crews first days of school together, too funny! Sounds like your first week was crazy but that was expected right? You'll find your rhythm :)
What a great post! Thanks for keeping us updated. I have been thinking about you guys alot this week. Crew looks great for his first day and I love your outfit. Did you get to go school shopping??:) Have a great weekend. So looking forward to FOOTBALL and fall weather.
Pumpkin Spice is back at starbucks!
Miss ya!
It makes me get teary eyed when i hear that he says "hang". Crew Charles is growing up so fast. Cant wait tell xmas so i can be there to be apart of the growing up.. keep me up to date on his new girlfriend ;)
Your routine will sink in fast and before you know it you and Chris will be an even more efficient machine than you already are. And yes, sometimes it does feel like running a business!
Post a Comment