"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Thursday, April 21, 2011

Look No Training Wheels!

Last week we finally thought it was time to take Crew's training wheels off of his bike. He never rides it because he loves his plasma car and other cars, and we thought he might actually like it if he could do it without the annoying training wheels.  Chris was at work, and I got out the tools and took them off, thinking I had some big job ahead of me teaching my son to ride without training wheels.  He literally took off instantly, within 10 minutes of having them off he was starting and stopping on his own and turning like a pro. I guess I underestimated him, he probably would have been ready a long time ago!
He was soooo proud of himself, we were all clapping and he was all grins.  It was his idea to call his grandma's and tell them all about it.  It was so much fun to see his excitement and how proud he was of his accomplishment!
Of course Brodes was then lacking some attention and tried showing off doing some other "tricks" that we could clap for him about....  He sure loves cruising around on his "motorcycle".
Brody's BEST FRIEND Buzz.  Since his other one died, we got him a new one with wings, and he can't put it down. He has to sleep with it, put it on the back of his bike, and it sits next to him when he eats.  Too funny.
Cheese ball.
Around and around, and around and around we go....  Good thing we live in such a great neighborhood, these boys are outside all day riding cars when it is not raining! :)

2 comments:

The Mulder Family said...

I can't believe Crew is already riding without training wheels. Glad it's becoming spring & summer so they can get out and ride :).

The Van Prices said...

You know Jules I was looking at these pictures earlier and I cannot get over how grown up Crew, Brodes and Kyler look!! It's so crazy! I love how he couldn't wait to show off his riding skills to all of us and i'm going to have to show Cole the picture of him in the USC shirt... Might be just a tad proud for multiple reasons! :) Love those boys!